Restricting purchaser to update PO once partial packing slip is done

This question has suggested answer(s)

Dear all,

Once a partial packing slip is posted, as PO will be still in Open order status, system allows purchaser to modify anything including unit price as well. Client specific requirement is that system should stop purchaser  to update PO once a partial packing slip is done. If they need to update unit price or any other thing, they will reverse packing slip and will then will update PO.

Is there any configuration setup or through access restriction, can we do this? or through some customization by including the validation is the only way to meet this requirement. Please suggest. Thanks all.

Regards,

Pawan

All Replies
  • I guess you are using AX2009 or below? Then you need to have customization to handle this.

If you are using AX2012, you can enable 'change management'. Any change then must be committed and can be controlled by using workflow for approval.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

• Thanks for the reply. We are using AX 2012. Am aware of change management. Here the user requirement is that once partial packing slip is posted, system should not allow purchaser at all to update the PO. Because there was a scenario where purchaser has updated the unit price after the partial packing slip for the line has been posted which is leading to discrepancies in the price. If they need to update PO, they will GRN reversal and then will update PO. Please suggest.

• It is possible to create a security policy where based on a query of the PO together with the product receipt will block the user from updating or deleting.

Otherwise, create a customization.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.