Question Status

Unanswered
N. W. asked a question on 18 Apr 2013 11:56 PM

Dear 

I have a bank account that is marked as currency AED and the More currencies is checked. On that Bank Account i have transactions that are in AED as originating currency.

When i click on this bank and click on Transaction , it is showing me these transactions in USD

Note that (Base Currency is AFN , And Reporting Currency is USD)

Any idea's why they are showing is USD?

thanks

Zvika Rimalt responded on 20 Apr 2013 3:31 PM

what version of Dynamics AX are you referring to?

what do you mean the transactions are showing as USD? Is the amount incorrect? is the currency specified on the line is EUR?

In AX 2009/2012:

AMOUNT IN TRANSACTION CURRENCY supposed to show you the BANK CURRENCY amount (in your case, AED)

AMOUNT supposed to show you the amount in the accounting/base currency.

Zvika Rimalt * Dynamics AX Business Analyst/Functional Consultant * Vancouver, BC, Canada

N. W. responded on 20 Apr 2013 10:24 PM

Well I am using AX 2012

The Amount in NOT incorrect , but why show USD (reporting currency) when my currency at the line is AED.

(and BTW why are my other bank accounts displaying correct transaction currency )

As far as i am concerned the [Amount in Transaction currency ( column amount )] is displaying the [Amount in Reporting Currency ( Column Amount )]                                                 is this something related to setup?

but what puzzles me is that is only happening for this bank , other bank are displaying correct transaction Currency and Amount in Transaction currency and Amount in Reporting Currency

Quoting

"AMOUNT IN TRANSACTION CURRENCY is supposed to show you the BANK CURRENCY amount (in your case, AED)" well that is not what is happening here.

your feedback is much appreciated.

thanks

N. W. responded on 25 Apr 2013 6:11 AM

Dear ZVIKA

you said in your reply that

AMOUNT IN TRANSACTION CURRENCY supposed to show you the BANK CURRENCY amount (in your case, AED)

well it is not doing that , it is showing in USD (i.e. another currency)

even some transactions are all AED and it is still showing is USD (when i press bank Account - Transactions)

i checked a lot of my bank accounts and they are all displaying correct currency

your help is greatly appreciated