Question Status

Verified
Sudeep Mali asked a question on 23 Apr 2013 2:47 AM

Hi,

I am getting an error of Purhcase Order PONO123 updated by another user,though nobody else is using the same PO.

Is it due to any set up parameters?

Kindly suggest me the solution, I am badly requiring the wayout for this.

Verified Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 23 Apr 2013 1:30 PM

Hi Sudeep,

What are you exaclty doing with the PO? Update confirmation , change line qty, something else?

Do you have some cutomizations on the PO functionality?

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Sudeep Mali responded on 23 Apr 2013 9:22 PM

Hi Andre,

Actually we have some customization on PO functionality,but since nobody else is performing any operation on PO;I am getting an unnecessary error of Purchase order updated by another user.

I have restarted the services also;but not getting rid off this error.

Please provide me the solution as I am very pissed since I am not finding any little window for resolvement of this error.

Regards,

Sudeep.

Dominic Lee responded on 23 Apr 2013 10:13 PM

Hi Sudeep,

If there was customization then you'll need a developer to debug for you just in case the customization has anything to do with the error.

Regards,

Dom

kind regards,

Dominic Lee

My blog | PBC

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 23 Apr 2013 10:25 PM

Hi Sudeep,

I think Dom is right. I have seen a similar behaviour before due to a customization. If you update something and the customization is wrong, you can get this error even if nobody else changed the order. This can be caused e.g. if the customization writes the record to the database and after that the form tries to save the record with an older record version as well.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Sudeep Mali responded on 23 Apr 2013 10:28 PM

Hi DOLEE,

Though there is customizaation in PO Functionality,error has been thrown by System Class only.

Dominic Lee responded on 24 Apr 2013 12:20 AM

Hi Sudeep,

The issue you facing is highly unlikely related to parameters settings. The mostly likely scenarios are:

1) The customization has created this error in certain specific PO posting scenario, or

2) You've just hit a system bug that is not well known.

Unfortunately, in both cases a developer would be needed to debug the process to locate where the problem occurs.

It's just my 2 cents though. =)

kind regards,

Dominic Lee

My blog | PBC

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Verified Answer
David Massey responded on 24 Apr 2013 9:55 AM

As recommended by others you need to validate the customizations.  If the customization has modified the PurchTable values and updated the record held by the form.  The forms references an invalid copy of the record and thus throws the error reported.  Changes were made in AX 2012 in regards to validation of data buffers which has caused some code migrated from an earlier version of AX to not work as expected.  

The most common cause is that the code contains a method call which is passing the record as a parameter and this method then does an update() after changing values or there is a parent/child relationship like PurchTable/PurchLine and changes to PurchLine records are updating values on the PurchTable.  

There are a few patterns on how to refresh the record held by the form buffer through reread() or refresh(). Each has its own way of dealing with the potential loss of data entered by the user which has not yet been saved.

David Massey | Senior software engineer - Dynamics AX Service Industries

Verified Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 23 Apr 2013 1:30 PM

Hi Sudeep,

What are you exaclty doing with the PO? Update confirmation , change line qty, something else?

Do you have some cutomizations on the PO functionality?

kind regards,

Verified Answer
David Massey responded on 24 Apr 2013 9:55 AM

As recommended by others you need to validate the customizations.  If the customization has modified the PurchTable values and updated the record held by the form.  The forms references an invalid copy of the record and thus throws the error reported.  Changes were made in AX 2012 in regards to validation of data buffers which has caused some code migrated from an earlier version of AX to not work as expected.  

The most common cause is that the code contains a method call which is passing the record as a parameter and this method then does an update() after changing values or there is a parent/child relationship like PurchTable/PurchLine and changes to PurchLine records are updating values on the PurchTable.  

There are a few patterns on how to refresh the record held by the form buffer through reread() or refresh(). Each has its own way of dealing with the potential loss of data entered by the user which has not yet been saved.

David Massey | Senior software engineer - Dynamics AX Service Industries