Question Status

Unanswered
Khalid Ahmed asked a question on 30 Apr 2013 8:06 AM

Hello All;

I tried to make  Delivered now  with Minus quantity, there is message error appear is not accept Minus qty, but it was accept in 2009 ver.

We need to use it , if there is any hot fix or role-up to solve it kindly update me .

Thanks in advance.

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 30 Apr 2013 12:27 PM

Please provide more information. Purchase order or Sales order? What is the exact error message?

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Khalid Ahmed responded on 4 May 2013 2:10 AM

Many thanks for your active.

I miss understand there is no error message , but the case happens in sales order  if I enter minus quantity  in  delvier now filed, then post pinking slip the picking slip screen appear empty without any quantity as below

Khalid Ahmed responded on 4 May 2013 2:12 AM

sorry, packing slip.

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 4 May 2013 7:50 AM

Hi Khalid,

Check the quantity field on the sales line. Is this one filled with a positive or negative quantity? Another suggestion: what is the setting of the parameter picking requirements on you item model group?

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Tim Schofield responded on 5 May 2013 12:51 AM

In 2012 there are new cancell and correct options on the packing slip journal.  You don't use negative deliver now any more

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 5 May 2013 5:17 AM

Hi Tim,

In case of a customer return you still need negative quantities. It is another physical handling. The correct option you mentioned is only for correction of mistakes or wrongly types quantities.

kind regards,

Khalid Ahmed responded on 5 May 2013 7:24 AM

Many thanks for your replay .

Only the Deliver quantity  is minus, for item model group check the below , I am agree with you the cutomer need to use it by minse singe

Khalid Ahmed responded on 5 May 2013 7:37 AM

item model group

Tim Schofield responded on 5 May 2013 1:24 PM

OK - but for customer returns you should use a Return order. It's a complex process but it works. The only alternative to using a return order is to use a credit adjustment line on the sales order (that is a sales order line with a negative quantity).