Question Status

Unanswered
ewills asked a question on 5 May 2013 4:27 PM

I wonder if there is a clean way to isolate  components and finished items net inventory for a given period when using costing other than standard AX 2012 CU2. we have production orders in stages - some started, others ended as well as some reported as finished.  Matl auto consumed at Start.  Inventory reports doesn't break this down as easily as they show total physical, financial values - For raw materials total, we try to arrive at this value by  looking at the inventory transactions of what is "Sold" + "deducted" - "Received" from Production transactions. And take what's received and purchased from PO. One other thing that complicates the matter is  when the item is physically received or deducted vs when they are sold/purchased (if one of them fall outside the given period).

thanks for your insights.

Mansoor Adeel responded on 5 May 2013 10:16 PM

I am also interested to know this!

Mansoor Adeel

AX 2012 Techno Consultant

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 5 May 2013 10:43 PM

Have you looked at the new Inventory Report in AX2012? You can setup how to view or reconcile your inventory. E.g. you can choose if you want to have the physical and financial value shown seperately or summed up.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

ewills responded on 6 May 2013 5:41 AM

Hi Andre, we can see the physical and financial separately - that's no problem but not able to get the break-down of the how much value is in the raw materials inventory and FGI?

Steven Weaver responded on 7 May 2013 10:08 AM

You should be able to filter by the resource group, which can reference the item group, and if you have segregated your items you can run it twice on this basis to get the split.

Steve Weaver | Dynamics AX Solution Architect - UK | My Blog

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

ewills responded on 7 May 2013 6:54 PM

thanks for the feedback. thats one of the problem where the item group wasn't set up to distinguish raw vs finished item - that's we are doing now. But in the meanwhile, it is bit difficult to isolate these two