Question Status

Verified
Anuradha Pandrangi asked a question on 3 Jul 2013 5:10 AM

Hi,

I am able to import GL opening balances successfully when I provide the voucher number in the file. But I want to use the number sequence for voucher number. So in the mapping, I made the voucher number as Auto. But I get error saying

Default scope cannot be implicitly determined by the number sequence framework for the given datatype. Please provide scope information explicitly. Issue exist in generate staging data '3' 'Opening balance' record(s) inserted in staging

Any help is much appreciated

Thanks,

Anu

Verified Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 4 Jul 2013 8:07 AM

Hi Anu,

The auto numbering works only for number sequences which are setup in the parameters as reference. The number sequence for voucher numbering (journal name setup)  is not supported from my experience.

We solved the problem by using the 'Number allocation at posting' option which you can setup within the journal names. We provided a dummy voucher within the file (provide an unique number per voucher). When posting the journal, the voucher is taken from the number sequence.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Verified Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 4 Jul 2013 8:07 AM

Hi Anu,

The auto numbering works only for number sequences which are setup in the parameters as reference. The number sequence for voucher numbering (journal name setup)  is not supported from my experience.

We solved the problem by using the 'Number allocation at posting' option which you can setup within the journal names. We provided a dummy voucher within the file (provide an unique number per voucher). When posting the journal, the voucher is taken from the number sequence.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Anuradha Pandrangi responded on 5 Jul 2013 2:15 AM

Hi Andre,

Thank you, very much for the reply. This answered my question.

Regards,

Anu

Neha responded on 14 Nov 2013 3:08 AM

Hi Andre,

Thanks for the response on above Post.

With reference to same Issue, I have one query.

While creating Template for General Journal Opening Balance Import, shall we take JournalNum and Voucher as columns or Not? (In case if we want to use system number series).

If i am removing the columns from Template and trying to generate the sourcefile mapping system is giving me error "Mandatory field voucher is not mapped"

"Mandatory field JournalNum is not mapped"

Please help me in creating the template file and importing the General Journal Opening using system generated number sequence.

Thanks,

Neha Mishra responded on 14 Nov 2013 4:02 AM

Hi Anu,

Please let me know, how to set Voucher Number as an Auto field.

While creating Template for General Journal Opening Balance Import, shall we take JournalNum and Voucher as columns or Not? (In case if we want to use system number series).

If I am removing the columns from Template and trying to generate the sourcefile mapping and validating system is giving me error "Mandatory field voucher is not mapped"

"Mandatory field JournalNum is not mapped"

Please help me in creating the template file and importing the General Journal Opening using system generated number sequence.

Thanks,

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 14 Nov 2013 11:46 AM

Hi Neha,

As mentioned in my answer it is not possible to use the auto numbering for the vouchers. But there is a workaround given. If you enable autonumbering for the journal numbers, the result will be that every single line will have a new journal number. This is not desirable I guess. So you have to fill it manually.

kind regards,

Neha responded on 14 Nov 2013 11:29 PM

Thanks Andre.

Now got your point. Thanks for the possible solution.

Regards

Neha

axerp responded on 14 Nov 2013 11:45 PM

Hi Anuradha ,

Could you able to import the GL opening balances with the financial dimensions also using DIEF ?