How to Physically Print All Selected Free Text Invoices

This question is answered

In AX 2012 R2, I select a company, Accounts Receivable, then All free text invoices.  I select two or more invoices by checking the checkbox just to the left of the invoice column, then select Print, Selected from the ribbon.  The invoices open in the report format, but in two or more separate instances.  I have to go to each instance of the individual report and select File, Print.  My question is whether it's possible to print all instances of the reports with a single File, Print operation?

Verified Answer
  • I do not think there is an option like this available. I did hunt for the same at one point in time in 2009 and 2012. I ended up looking at developing something for that. (Didn't get too far due to priorities)

All Replies
  • You can always set the print destinations of the printmgmt setting to a printer and run it,

The catch over here is every document is considered a seperate report be it a copy node of the same document.

If you want to print all of them at once set the print destination setting for the node in the form setup of the module.

• I had looked at technet.microsoft.com/.../dd309660.aspx regarding the print management but wasn't sure if that would do what I needed.  Is this the right link or did you have something else in mind?  It really looked like this gave you the ability to print extra information on the footer or something like that, but not necessarily allow you to print multiple documents all at once.  I really need more instructions/info on how to do this.

• Same document to multiple print destination is what i think the main feature of PrintManagement.

PrintManagement button if it is enabled for multiple journalTable records then it will loop in below fashion

outer Loop for each record

inner loop for each node under the document type  ex location (AP>Setup>formSetup>PrintManagement)

If the report is  not having Party(Customer/Vendor) specific print management setting s

• I need different documents to the same destination, but wanted to know if all documents can print with one print request.  It would be great to understand how to do that, if it's possible.

• Do this,

Set your print destinations for original or copy in the print management node of the module setup to a specific location. Now select the multiple journal and print them.

CustAccountStatemtentExt is good example for this. Should be able to achieve this through code provided there is no user interation between  (ie report not printed to screen)

• I do not think there is an option like this available. I did hunt for the same at one point in time in 2009 and 2012. I ended up looking at developing something for that. (Didn't get too far due to priorities)