.Net Business Connector in development environment on separate domain

This question is not answered

Hi all, first a disclaimer - I am a Dynamics AX newbie so apologies if this seems obvious or silly.

I'm trying to set up a development environment to start building a command line application for a client that talks to Dynamics AX via the .Net Business Connector. I have a test application going which authenticates successfully with AOS (via the BC proxy account) and can execute a simple select on the UserInfo table. This all works fine if I run it on my clients Dynamics AX machines.

However I have my development environment set up at a separate physical location on a different network and domain. When I connect to my clients site over VPN and try running the application I receive a Microsoft.Dynamics.BusinessConnectorNet.LogonFailedException with no other details.

I have tried configuring the aos server name in the hosts and lmhosts file as suggested in other posts, however that didn't help.

I have done a bit of reading and it sounded like this set up might be possible, but now I am not so sure.

Has anyone been able to get the business connector to work this way (i.e. business connector on a dev machine in a different network/domain than the AOS server)? Or is this not possible?

Thanks for your help

All Replies
  • BTW, this is with Dynamics AX 2009