How do I use my MSDN Subscription License file?

This question is answered

hi Guys,

My company want to use AX for our accounting system and we have MSDN subscription, I installed a new server and imported the license file, but it looks like expiring by the end of year. What will happen when the license expire? Will I get a new license file when I renew my MSDN?

Verified Answer
  • Your company cannot use the MSDN license for AX as an accounting system I believe, the licensing terms are only for dev and test, not production - msdn.microsoft.com/.../cc150618.aspx

I suggest you talk to you Microsoft Partner Account Manager and get a partners license, if you cannot then you need to purchase a license officially to not be breaking your MSDN T&C's (I believe)

Steve Weaver | Dynamics AX Solution Architect - UK | My Blog

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

All Replies
  • Normally, there are 2 places where you can access the license files, PartnerSource (Voice or Presales demo) and MSDN. I would advice you to check on those sites with any updates.

• Your company cannot use the MSDN license for AX as an accounting system I believe, the licensing terms are only for dev and test, not production - msdn.microsoft.com/.../cc150618.aspx

I suggest you talk to you Microsoft Partner Account Manager and get a partners license, if you cannot then you need to purchase a license officially to not be breaking your MSDN T&C's (I believe)

Steve Weaver | Dynamics AX Solution Architect - UK | My Blog

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• Do you know what do I need to get a partner license? We are gold partner right now, is that good enough?

If we have to purchase, what will be the price?

• I'll suggest you talk to your Partner Account Manager since your company is Gold partner status and there should be a dedicated partner manager to your organization. They can walk you through the enrolment process, alternative this is the link you can explore mspartner.microsoft.com/.../microsoft-dynamics-erp.aspx