Question Status

Verified
Lei Xu asked a question on 15 Jul 2013 4:06 AM

hi Guys,

My company want to use AX for our accounting system and we have MSDN subscription, I installed a new server and imported the license file, but it looks like expiring by the end of year. What will happen when the license expire? Will I get a new license file when I renew my MSDN?

Verified Answer
Steven Weaver responded on 16 Jul 2013 3:01 PM

Your company cannot use the MSDN license for AX as an accounting system I believe, the licensing terms are only for dev and test, not production - msdn.microsoft.com/.../cc150618.aspx

I suggest you talk to you Microsoft Partner Account Manager and get a partners license, if you cannot then you need to purchase a license officially to not be breaking your MSDN T&C's (I believe)

Steve Weaver | Dynamics AX Solution Architect - UK | My Blog

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Tony Wan responded on 16 Jul 2013 1:06 PM

Normally, there are 2 places where you can access the license files, PartnerSource (Voice or Presales demo) and MSDN. I would advice you to check on those sites with any updates.

Verified Answer
Steven Weaver responded on 16 Jul 2013 3:01 PM

Your company cannot use the MSDN license for AX as an accounting system I believe, the licensing terms are only for dev and test, not production - msdn.microsoft.com/.../cc150618.aspx

I suggest you talk to you Microsoft Partner Account Manager and get a partners license, if you cannot then you need to purchase a license officially to not be breaking your MSDN T&C's (I believe)

Steve Weaver | Dynamics AX Solution Architect - UK | My Blog

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Lei Xu responded on 17 Jul 2013 10:47 PM

Do you know what do I need to get a partner license? We are gold partner right now, is that good enough?

If we have to purchase, what will be the price?

Tony Wan responded on 18 Jul 2013 2:55 AM

I'll suggest you talk to your Partner Account Manager since your company is Gold partner status and there should be a dedicated partner manager to your organization. They can walk you through the enrolment process, alternative this is the link you can explore mspartner.microsoft.com/.../microsoft-dynamics-erp.aspx