Question Status

Suggested Answer
respitia asked a question on 15 Aug 2013 10:51 AM

Hello,.

i´d like to know if we can use different price between items independent to the cost method we established in main settings,.  FIFO, LILO

thanks for any comment

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 15 Aug 2013 11:40 AM

Can you explain what you are trying to achieve? Do you mean purchase or sales prices?

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

respitia responded on 15 Aug 2013 11:53 AM

Thanks for you quick answer André!,. I mean sales price,. I need to know if AX let you choose cost price valued for each item individually either the FIFO cost method configured on product settings,.

we sell items that comes from a pawn contract and every price are different each other.  

Suggested Answer
Steven Weaver responded on 16 Aug 2013 1:13 AM

If you batch or serial control the item and set the dimension group to financially track at this level even if you were FIFO costed it would eventually push the actual cost of the item into the sales transaction.

Steve Weaver | Dynamics AX Solution Architect - UK | My Blog

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 17 Aug 2013 3:01 PM

I would suggest the same answer as Weaveriski. I have done it in this way in the past for some companies.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Suggested Answer
Steven Weaver responded on 16 Aug 2013 1:13 AM

If you batch or serial control the item and set the dimension group to financially track at this level even if you were FIFO costed it would eventually push the actual cost of the item into the sales transaction.

Steve Weaver | Dynamics AX Solution Architect - UK | My Blog

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.