Question Status

Unanswered
N.W. asked a question on 22 Aug 2013 4:33 AM

Hello

When i am doing a payment journal , i want to generate a document (word excel or pdf) as a Transfer Fund Request , that i can send to the bank in the specific format. 

after research i found that the FUNCTION >> GENERATE PAYMENT in the Payment Journal can do that, but i don't know how to configure or format the already existing documents in the format that i need. 

is there a step by step document that i can help me configure and format these forms as i wish? 

your feedback is greatly appreciated 

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 22 Aug 2013 6:37 AM

Hi Abdo,

The generate payment function will normally create files for transferring payment information to your bank. It is not designed for generating documents.

Do you really need a document, or do you want to have it in a file format that meet the requirments of your bank? Which format are u using?

N.W. responded on 26 Aug 2013 3:59 AM

The generate payment function will normally create files for transferring payment information to your bank.

dear andre

that is exactly what i need , do you have a step by step to configure these files to be issued in a certain format?

your feedback is greatly appreciated

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 26 Aug 2013 12:17 PM

Hi Abdo,

When you open the form Methods of Payment from the setup section in accounts payable, on the tab File Formats there is a button 'Setup'.

If you click this one, you can see if your local file format is supported by AX out of the box.

Otherwise take a look at this thread for creating an own format: community.dynamics.com/.../109299.aspx

N.W. responded on 7 Oct 2013 7:23 AM

Thank you for your feedback,

I am looking at the class , but how can i see it visually so i can modify it

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 9 Oct 2013 5:26 AM

Hi Abdo,

Can you explain your question please?

N.W. responded on 9 Oct 2013 7:11 AM

I mean , from the link you gave me , after i extend to these two classes

how can i modify this report visually , using Visual studio or another reporting tool?

thank you for your feedback

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 9 Oct 2013 7:46 AM

Hi Abdo,

This depends on your version of AX. AX2012 works natively with SQL Server Reporting Services. These reports will be created/customized in Visual Studio.

Prior to version AX2012 you can develop reports in the AOT. AX had his own report writer.