Formula Versions

This question has suggested answer(s)

Dear All

when I create another version in formula version window and change any item or formula quantity my all previous version also changed. I want maintain my all new and old formula versions in AX2012 Fp. previously GP maintained  

All Replies
  • Confused on what you are actually doing - does it have a new routing version number?

Steve Weaver | Dynamics AX Solution Architect - UK | My Blog

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• In formula there are two windows

1) Overview

2) Version

after some days in formula version I create new version line and change item in it my old version also change formula line. I want to keep my all old formula.

• It you access the formula from the item card this is a new formula. If, as you are, you are using a formula and adding a version this version is related to the item specified, however there is only one formula and therefore any change at the version level impacts on all versions.

If you need item specific you need to create a new formula per item, which then has the item listed in the version screen.

Steve Weaver | Dynamics AX Solution Architect - UK | My Blog

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.