Question Status

Verified
Ahmed saber asked a question on 16 Sep 2013 2:21 AM

how to run A JOB since its not working with me , but N JOB working with me

Verified Answer
Ahmed saber responded on 18 Sep 2013 3:04 AM

Thank you very much Venkatesh i make these setting and A-job working now .but when i make any Chang in operation Screen to give permeation i give to cashier its not work and update not going to terminal

P.L.Z can you tell me Is there a possibility that prevent cashier from the return of items and receive a message asking him to enter the password manager. thanks

venkatesh vadlamani responded on 16 Sep 2013 2:07 PM

See A jobs need good amount of setup

1) you need pre actions for any change done to your record

2) if this is related to products and discounts you need a properly published assortment which is exploded

3) you need to genrate actions from the preactions using CreateActions menu.'

4) Once the actions are generated then only you can get the a job to do the replication on the store Db side

Arey you using any tool to import data . Data should always be imported using AOS.Since all the tables part of N,A jobs  create preactions using insert() ,update(),Delete() methods overriden on the tables using Action replication settings present in below 2 forms

Retail>Setup>Scheduler>TableDistribution

Retail > Setup >scheduler > FilterOnActions

if any link is broken the record sync will not happen

If data sync is for customer's,store's or for staff address book mapping also plays a role in this.

In N jobs only assortments and Address book setting will do the trick.

But worry not once you have done this in proper fashion every part of the step is automated so you can just happily schedule the actionGenerator job and A job and your storeDB will be brought to sync with you HQ periodically

Hope this might help.

Please revert on any issues.

Regards

Venkatesh

Verified Answer
Ahmed saber responded on 18 Sep 2013 3:04 AM

Thank you very much Venkatesh i make these setting and A-job working now .but when i make any Chang in operation Screen to give permeation i give to cashier its not work and update not going to terminal

P.L.Z can you tell me Is there a possibility that prevent cashier from the return of items and receive a message asking him to enter the password manager. thanks

venkatesh vadlamani responded on 21 Sep 2013 3:20 AM

Return operation is having an ID 109 and also a permission name for it 'ManagerPrevileges'.

this is present in pos operations setup form. Dont change the operation id's you will causing POS to break

but you can do is set the permission id's for the operation

set the permission you want for this operation

you can assign operation permission but custom text message etc wont be available.It throws an error stating it requires manager previleges thats it . Any further nee should cater a  customization on POS

regards

Venkatesh

Ahmed saber responded on 25 Sep 2013 7:06 AM

Thank you venkatesh .i want ask new question about barcode

Did you tried scanning item barcode containing its quantity (e.g. kg) at POS. Was it successful. What kind of configurations we need to do while setting up item barcode and item mask. For example, i want to tender an Item#10002 having quantity of 2.5 Kg(002500) at POS

E.g. Barcode = 100020002500

(where 100020=ItemID and 002500=Quantity)

I have tried setting barcode mask containing itemid and quantity but AX does not allow me to generate barcode with this mask.

If i manually enter item barcode with quantity at POS, AX POS does not recognize it. Can u guide.

venkatesh vadlamani responded on 26 Sep 2013 1:48 PM

Hi Ahmed

I would always request to use separate post for every new question, since this is post answer is set as verified many people who could have answered  could skip  this since the query is marked answered. Idea of having such a wonderful site is to provide faster knowledge sharing. You might get delayed responses otherwise

In Ax barcode could be set for product or variant  with combination of barcode setup.

Use size,colour configuration etc variants and set barcode for the variant.

Ahmed saber responded on 28 Sep 2013 1:14 AM

hii my friend  venkatesh

Thank you for your cooperation and your review.but when i put my question  no one answer me.but when i asked you directly  you answer me .whatever form now i put my question in separate post to verfied for all

regrades

Ahmed Ax