Question Status

Suggested Answer
Alok Joshi asked a question on 23 Oct 2013 3:06 AM

Hi All,

Is it possible to programmatically lock down the contents of the MS Word when exported to MS Word format from SRSReportRunController class in AX 2012 R2 rich client?

I am aware that we can achieve the same with using COM.(MS Word template and using X++ code) However I would like to know from SSRS report viewer.

Appreciate if anyone can share their experience if they have done this earlier?

Suggested Answer
Brandon Wiese responded on 26 Oct 2013 7:51 AM

In Classes\EPSendDocument\methods\makeDocument() you will find an excellent example of how to run reports directly to a saved file with X++.

The line

printSettings.fileFormat(SRSReportFileFormat::PDF);

controls the output file format, and the enum SRSReportFileFormat has 7 options just as the SSRS report viewer's dialog has 7 choices.  By process of elimination it appears that maybe the HTML option is Word.  If not, this should put you on the trail to the right answer for your needs.

Alok Joshi responded on 28 Oct 2013 10:52 AM

Thanks Brandon for your reply. Appreciate that. However it does not solves my requirement. However much appreciate it.

Alok.

Suggested Answer
Brandon Wiese responded on 26 Oct 2013 7:51 AM

In Classes\EPSendDocument\methods\makeDocument() you will find an excellent example of how to run reports directly to a saved file with X++.

The line

printSettings.fileFormat(SRSReportFileFormat::PDF);

controls the output file format, and the enum SRSReportFileFormat has 7 options just as the SSRS report viewer's dialog has 7 choices.  By process of elimination it appears that maybe the HTML option is Word.  If not, this should put you on the trail to the right answer for your needs.