Question Status

Suggested Answer
cvandy23 asked a question on 17 Dec 2013 2:51 PM

Hello.  I setup the AX 2012 R2 exchange rate providers for the Bank of Europe and now I am getting an error message for the currencies that are converting usd  to aud, or usd to cad and no exchange rate for the already existing rates are being updated.  it says "An exchange rate could not be found for ISO currency codes USD and CAD, on the following date:12/17/2013.  Verify the ISO currency codes that are supported by the provider and that are available.  However 33 of the other curreny codes were imported that I don't need.  Let me know how I can get the currency for the USD and AUD, USD and BRL, USD and CAD, USD and MXN, and USD to QAR.  Thanks for your help. 

Suggested Answer
Dwij Chandna responded on 17 Dec 2013 6:32 PM

I am not sure what is exactly the question here.

So if the issue is that during some foreign currency transactions you are getting the above exchange rate not defined error, then there could be couple of potential issues.

1. Either default exchange rate type is not defined in the Ledger

2. or the incorrect  exchange rate type (for which no exchange rates exist) is selected in the Ledger

if Triangulation is enabled on some currencies, that could also be a reason.

cvandy23 responded on 18 Dec 2013 8:25 PM

Thanks, no my problem is I am trying to setup the automatic import of currencies of the Central Bank of Europe with our new R2 upgrade.  When I run the job to import the rates for the day, it tells me the above error.  "An exchange rate could not be found for ISO currency codes USD and CAD, on the following date:12/17/2013.  Verify the ISO currency codes that are supported by the provider and that are available. "  It does this for all 5 currencies that we had setup prior to R2 that are converting from USD to AUD, or USD to BRL, or USD to CAD, or USD to MXN, or USD to QAR.  The only one that works is USD to EUR and all currencies that are EUR to every other country that we don't need. This is the link to the currency xml for the Central Bank of Europe:  www.ecb.europa.eu/.../eurofxref-daily.xml  How can I get the USD conversions?? Thanks  

Suggested Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 20 Dec 2013 2:50 PM

Hi,

This is standard behaviour of the import. The import looks for known currency pairs in the exchange rate provider. All currency pairs additional in the exchange rate type will generate a warning. You can ignore these errors.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Niels responded on 17 Apr 2014 5:07 AM

Hi,

I found another issue on this matter. One of the headerlines is :25: (MT940) after wich your bankaccount and its base currency is given. In the :86: line only tekst is presented, but sometimes the text is somthing like Invoice date :25-03-2014 if the new line starts with :25-03-2014 the import function thinks its the headerline and can't find an ISO-currency code. thats why in the error it states no exchange rate is found for currency code .... (in my case currency 0 (zero)). Removing the ":" from the first position on a line where it is not suppost to by solves your problem. It dit solve mine

v-romull responded on 10 Jun 2014 12:05 PM

Hello CVANDY23,

I wanted to reach out to you to see if you still required assistance with this issue. Please let me know and I will look into it accordingly.

Suggested Answer
Dwij Chandna responded on 17 Dec 2013 6:32 PM

I am not sure what is exactly the question here.

So if the issue is that during some foreign currency transactions you are getting the above exchange rate not defined error, then there could be couple of potential issues.

1. Either default exchange rate type is not defined in the Ledger

2. or the incorrect  exchange rate type (for which no exchange rates exist) is selected in the Ledger

if Triangulation is enabled on some currencies, that could also be a reason.

Suggested Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 20 Dec 2013 2:50 PM

Hi,

This is standard behaviour of the import. The import looks for known currency pairs in the exchange rate provider. All currency pairs additional in the exchange rate type will generate a warning. You can ignore these errors.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.