Question Status

Unanswered
Kespinoza asked a question on 18 Dec 2013 1:38 PM

Hello,

I have a piece of fabric with 135 yards, I want to adjust the quantity to 150. when I try to post the journal this error appears:

I dont know what is wrong, thanks for your help.

Karen

Honduras :) 

Karen Espinoza

Honduras, C.A

Dwij Chandna responded on 18 Dec 2013 7:21 PM

I think serial number control on the tracking dimension group of this item is enabled.

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 18 Dec 2013 11:44 PM

Hi Karen,

Serial numbers are normally used for tracking individual items. It is not possible to have more than one arrival on the same serial number.

If you want to track a serie of related products you normally uses batch number.

What is the idea within your company of having the serial number active and have a quantity larger than 1?

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Kespinoza responded on 19 Dec 2013 7:36 AM

Hi Andre, 

We manufacture jeans, we  bought batch of fabric, for example a bach of 5,000 yards, this batch brings 50 pieces or rolls, each roll is 100 yards.

we think in Dynamics use the Batch Number to track the Batch  because the specifications of the batch influence in the cutting, and tracking the rolls using  the serial number. 

kind regards :)

Karen Espinoza

Honduras, C.A

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 19 Dec 2013 7:52 AM

Hi Karen,

I can follow your requirements. The problem is that AX has some additional checks on the use of serial numbers. Although you can set it up like you did now. This is the reason you encounter this error.

You verified an answer. Does it mean your problem is solved? Or are you still stuck on your correction?

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Kespinoza responded on 19 Dec 2013 8:34 AM

Hi Andre,

I had  to put a check in the warehouse management , this allowed me to post the journal. the roll had 135 yards,  the journal add 15 now the roll has 150 yards.

I hope the check does not cause problems elsewhere.

thanks for your help and suggestions :)

Karen Espinoza

Honduras, C.A

Kespinoza responded on 19 Dec 2013 9:12 AM

Hi Dwij, thanks for your help

the serial number control on the tracking dimension group of this item is enabled, I had  to put a check in the warehouse management , this allowed me to post the journal. the roll had 135 yards,  the journal add 15 now the roll has 150 yards.

I put a check in the Serial Number accumulation allowed.

kind regards

Karen Espinoza

Honduras, C.A

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 19 Dec 2013 12:25 PM

Hi Karen,

Can you indicate if you have aan add-on installed or some customizations? The yellow marked field is not within standard AX. Also not the field below the marked field.

Can you check the field/object name by right click on the field and click the option 'Personalize' in the popup menu? The field System name will give the details. I'm curious... :-)

kind regards,

Kespinoza responded on 21 Dec 2013 9:25 AM

Hi Andre,

this is what the system show.  This AX has functions for the Apparel and Textile industry  is call A&T 2012, was made for Porini. the module name is A&T Basic

Kind Regards and Merry Christmas : -)

Karen Espinoza

Honduras, C.A

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 21 Dec 2013 12:27 PM

Hi Karen,

Thanks for the information. So your solution is in this add-on.

Season greetings for you as well.

kind regards,