Question Status

Suggested Answer
ax kay khawar asked a question on 25 Dec 2013 11:59 PM

I want to install AX 2012 R2 for development purpose so I think I need server installation.

I want to install it on my lap top, physically exist no virtual environment.

After reading AX installation guide and System requirement pdfs, want I got is below.

Need OS:Windows Server 2012  Enterprise Edition.

Active Directory

Domain User

Microsoft SQL Server 2012, Standard Edition, Enterprise Edition

Is it Ok?

Btw I found AX installation very confusing and complex.

Suggested Answer
Nitesh Ranjan responded on 26 Dec 2013 3:26 PM

Yes these are system pre-requisite for Dynamics AX installation and configuration.

If you will not have these thing in place before installation of Dynamics AX then while installation you will find that some of the components are not getting installed or if it is getting installed then it will not work as expected.

So follow the installation guide thoroughly, If you find that guide is confusing then try to put you time and study it.

From my point of view this guide is most appropriate document to refer while installation.

I have done many Development/ Test and production environment installation using that guide and result is excellent,

Trust me.

Please update with your feedback.

Regards, NITESH RANAJN (PMP) | Dynamics AX Consultant

If this post helps you, Please verify this answer and earn Thank you Badge for yourself (Follow this link for more details https://community.dynamics.com/braggerbadges/badge/48.aspx)

Suggested Answer
Nitesh Ranjan responded on 26 Dec 2013 3:26 PM

Yes these are system pre-requisite for Dynamics AX installation and configuration.

If you will not have these thing in place before installation of Dynamics AX then while installation you will find that some of the components are not getting installed or if it is getting installed then it will not work as expected.

So follow the installation guide thoroughly, If you find that guide is confusing then try to put you time and study it.

From my point of view this guide is most appropriate document to refer while installation.

I have done many Development/ Test and production environment installation using that guide and result is excellent,

Trust me.

Please update with your feedback.

Regards, NITESH RANAJN (PMP) | Dynamics AX Consultant

If this post helps you, Please verify this answer and earn Thank you Badge for yourself (Follow this link for more details https://community.dynamics.com/braggerbadges/badge/48.aspx)

Piyush Ojha responded on 29 Dec 2013 10:26 AM

Hi  KHAWAR,

You can also see this post :

daxdilip.blogspot.in/.../step-by-step-guide-how-to-install.html

Thanks

Piyush Ojha