Question Status

Unanswered
jaymow99 asked a question on 6 Apr 2012 6:36 AM

What is the recommended way to import outstanding checks from a legacy system into AX? I can import via a Payment Journal but there is no accounting to the check itself as it is only outstanding and already recorded elsewhere

This is for AX 2009

Joanne Mahoney

Hitachi Consuliting

Joanne Mahoney Jacksonville FL
Sarah Bush responded on 19 Apr 2013 1:48 PM

I'm looking for the same information. was hoping to find a core csv file for DMF but haven't found it.  Or Excel add in to the bank account trans table but I can't open it in Excel addin.

Will watch to see if you get an answer.

Zvika Rimalt responded on 20 Apr 2013 3:07 PM

Can you provide more information?

Are you talking about incoming checks (AR) or outgoing checks (AP)?

What exactly do you mean by "outstanding"?

If the payment transaction was already posting into GL (and the bank module), what are you trying to achieve by having the check recorded in AX?

Zvika Rimalt * Dynamics AX Business Analyst/Functional Consultant * Vancouver, BC, Canada

Sarah Bush responded on 22 Apr 2013 9:55 AM

In every software implementation, in order for the first bank reconciliation to be done,  the outstanding checks and deposits that have not cleared the bank as of the cut over date have to be entered. No debit or credit, just a list of un-reconciled transactions. These will be checked off as the bank reconciliations are done.

The general ledger does not need to be affected because the gl balance was updated with a trial balance load.

How is this done in AX?

Geerah responded on 3 Apr 2014 1:52 PM

Has there been an answer to this on another forum?