Upgrading AX 2009 reports to AX 2012 SSRS reports

This question is answered

Hi,

I had developed new reports in AX 2009 system.Now I want to upgrade those reports to AX 2012 SSRS.

How to upgrade AX 2009 Customized reports to 2012 SSRS reports.Is there any tools to do upgrade process.

Is it recomended to upgrade to 2012.Or Can we develop same in 2012 SSRS.

Suggestion please.

Verified Answer
  • I have worked on Ax ssrs 2009 and 2012 and its always better to use Ax 2012 ssrs. No tools since the business logic part has moved from .net to x++,. The reports are much easier to develop due to a flexible reports framework in 2012.

Redeveloping the report by looking at the used business logic might not be that difficult unless you use financial dimensions and reports concerned with ledgerTrans table in ax2009 .

Design could just  be copied again but the Sql report librabry objects need a shared data source on report server which by my knowledge is no longer available in 2012, so if you plan to use Ax 2012 migrate the report manually by moving the .net business logic to call ax query or static method etc to x++ Dp class.

All Replies
  • I have worked on Ax ssrs 2009 and 2012 and its always better to use Ax 2012 ssrs. No tools since the business logic part has moved from .net to x++,. The reports are much easier to develop due to a flexible reports framework in 2012.

Redeveloping the report by looking at the used business logic might not be that difficult unless you use financial dimensions and reports concerned with ledgerTrans table in ax2009 .

Design could just  be copied again but the Sql report librabry objects need a shared data source on report server which by my knowledge is no longer available in 2012, so if you plan to use Ax 2012 migrate the report manually by moving the .net business logic to call ax query or static method etc to x++ Dp class.

• There is a tool, please refer to the following link:

technet.microsoft.com/.../hh292607.aspx