Question Status

Verified
PVN asked a question on 20 Jan 2013 7:13 PM

Hi!

I am trying to cancel Remaining Quantity of a Line Item in a Sales Order using Update Line-->Update-->Deliver Remainder. I am expected to see the Line Item status changed to Cancel, however there is no change to the Line Item status.

Can anyone advise me any setup is needed in order to use this feature?

Is this a known issue and is there any hotfix,?

Advance thanks for your help.

Regards,

PVN

Verified Answer
Al Grubbe responded on 22 Jan 2013 10:55 AM

This is the results from a MS case I logged last week... As any hotfix...test, test, test before promoting it.

Deliver Remainder - Cancel Quantity, not working in AX 2012.

ASSESSMENT:

After further review I have found that there is a hotfix (KB 2731469) available for the issue that you are having which I have included below:

Package:

-----------------------------------------------------------  

KB Article Number : 2731469  

Language: All (Global)  

Platform: i386  

hotfixv4.microsoft.com/.../451651_intl_i386_zip.exe

Suggested Answer
Isaac Namukoa responded on 27 Feb 2013 6:52 AM

HI Al Grubbe,

The KB addresses the issue in subject but it introduces serious modifications on the sales invoice and thus you need to redo if you have customizations on the report. My walk around for this was to implement the KB on a development envoronment, then export and import Form_SalesUpdateRemain on the production environment. I hope this can save someone.

Regards.

Munib Ahmed responded on 20 Jan 2013 11:11 PM

I believe there is a bug. I remember seeing this after the feature pack was installed.

Log a support case with Microsoft, they should get you a hotfix. I don't think it is available publicly under the KBs.

Munib Ahmed | DynamicsNAVAX 

PVN responded on 20 Jan 2013 11:27 PM

Hi Munib,

Thanks for the reply.

It is strange, it works on one of my colleague's pc on Contoso whereas on my pc on Contoso it doesn't work. Both are using FP.

Thanks,

PVN

Verified Answer
Al Grubbe responded on 22 Jan 2013 10:55 AM

This is the results from a MS case I logged last week... As any hotfix...test, test, test before promoting it.

Deliver Remainder - Cancel Quantity, not working in AX 2012.

ASSESSMENT:

After further review I have found that there is a hotfix (KB 2731469) available for the issue that you are having which I have included below:

Package:

-----------------------------------------------------------  

KB Article Number : 2731469  

Language: All (Global)  

Platform: i386  

hotfixv4.microsoft.com/.../451651_intl_i386_zip.exe

PVN responded on 22 Jan 2013 1:40 PM

Hi Al Grubbe,

Thanks for the solution. Let me try out and see how it goes.

Regards,

PVN

PVN responded on 22 Jan 2013 10:57 PM

Hi Al Grubbe,

Thanks for the solution. It works, however I am getting few errors after full compilation, which I'll get our Tech to fix.

Regards,

PVN

Suggested Answer
Isaac Namukoa responded on 27 Feb 2013 6:52 AM

HI Al Grubbe,

The KB addresses the issue in subject but it introduces serious modifications on the sales invoice and thus you need to redo if you have customizations on the report. My walk around for this was to implement the KB on a development envoronment, then export and import Form_SalesUpdateRemain on the production environment. I hope this can save someone.

Regards.

Gracey Gelizon responded on 4 Mar 2013 12:11 AM

If you click the INVOICE icon, then in that window  just go to the LINES TAB then clicked CLOSE checkbox, then click OK.. when you click that CLOSE checkbox it means that deliver remainder is set to zero after updating.  so your invoice is already closed for that sure..:)