Question Status

Suggested Answer
rightangle asked a question on 20 Mar 2013 4:16 PM

Attempting to synchronize the database in a AX 2102 install the following errors happen:

• There is a field mismatch in the union query. Field CarrierName is not compatible with field Name.
  • Cannot execute a data definition language command on The information about transportation parties (TransportationAllParty). The view cannot be created. The underlying table may not exist.
  • Problems during SQL data dictionary synchronization. The operation failed.

I am hoping somebody in the AX community can explain how these arrors can be corrected.

Dominic Lee responded on 20 Mar 2013 9:02 PM

Hi,

Can you see the SQL statement that is being used to create the view from the error message?

kind regards,

Dominic Lee

My blog | PBC

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Søren Rasmussen responded on 21 Mar 2013 2:12 AM

The system table SQLDictionary has a list of the tables and fields with id's. It could sound like a mismatch between the id's in the table and the id's shown when looking at the properties on the field in the AOT. It can be a massive task getting that fixed if they pile up.

I have earlier managed to fix errors like this by simply flipping the table to In-memory in type, synchronize the table and then flip it back.

Note, that this will truncate the table so you might want to copy the data to another database first and then back afterwards.

Maybe you want to try this on a copy of the database first. :)

Nathan Clouse responded on 25 Sep 2013 10:04 AM

We had a similar issue with the SQLDictionary and the actual tables getting out of sync. To correct the SQLDictionary entries, go to...

in 2009:

Administration > Periodic > SQL administration > Table Actions > Check/Synchronize > Export DDL

then comment out or remove anything not related to the SQLDictionary. run this through SSMS then resync the DDL in the AOT.

in 2012:

System Administration > Periodic > Database > SQL Administration > Check/Synchronize > Export DDL

use same procedure on this file as with 2009.

this will allow you to keep your data and fix your broken SQLDictionary records by having them all deleted and inserted (again) in a state that is correct and functional.

Josemad responded on 14 Oct 2013 7:10 AM

I am having a similar issue with Dynamics AX2012 R2.

I am not able to go to System Administration > Periodic > Database > SQL Administration > Check/Synchronize > Export DDL.

Is there an appropriate Hotfix to this problem?

Tommy Skaue responded on 14 Oct 2013 9:49 AM

Could you try to simply drop the view and resynchronize?

Head over to SQL Server Management Studio and connect the database holding the view. Then run this SQL:

DROP VIEW TransportationAllParty

A view is a database artifact used for read only view of AX data, and it will be recreated if missing when you synchronize data dictionary.

Tommy Skaue | Dynamics AX Developer from Norway | http://yetanotherdynamicsaxblog.blogspot.no/ | www.axdata.no

Mostafa Abu Taleb responded on 10 Dec 2013 4:36 PM

Dear rightangle:

Go to  Extended Data Type  and make string size property in   WMSCarrierName  equal to DirPartyName string size property

Suggested Answer
Carsten Cors responded on 8 Jul 2014 6:34 AM

Thanks, this has solved my problem. After deleting the view I was able to synchronization the database normal.

Suggested Answer
Carsten Cors responded on 8 Jul 2014 6:34 AM

Thanks, this has solved my problem. After deleting the view I was able to synchronization the database normal.