Question Status

Unanswered
Kun Lui asked a question on 29 Mar 2013 2:03 PM

Hello everyone,

I upgraded to AX 2012 R2 from 2012, and right now, I am facing a problem about Form. We noticed that on multiple forms where the subtab of [Financial dimensions] is displayed, the elements that used to show on 2012 R1 is not available in 2012 R2 any longer, we did the in place upgrade to R2 from R1 anyway,  but I want to know how to fix the problem.

Taking [VendTable] as an example, I have the video for 2012 R1 case here:    http://screencast.com/t/9CjQN0meGy7

An 2012 R2 case is here:  http://screencast.com/t/ovRS2W64on8

Can anyone help me figure out why the DimensionTabPageScroll elements are not available in R2, I noticed that they are not done on the Form level, as there aren't any elements under the node in R1 either.

I noticed there is a red locker at the right hand corner of the wanted elements in R1, is there another way that we configure them?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Kwen

Martin Dráb responded on 30 Mar 2013 1:37 AM

AX told you why controls for dimensions were not generated: "Accounts structures that include financial dimensions have not been selected for the ledger".

AX tried to find financial dimensions for the current ledger but if found nothing applicable. Check your configuration of Ledger/Account structures.

Martin "Goshoom" Dráb | Freelancer | Goshoom.NET Dev Blog

Zedben responded on 19 Jun 2013 7:46 AM

I am having the same issue.  All configuration is correct in the Ledger/Account structure area.  I'll see if I can find the issue and post it here.  

I did not do an upgrade, I just refreshed the environment from an environment that was setup correctly.  All data is intact in the database and visible in DAX.  

Kun Lui responded on 19 Jun 2013 8:02 AM

Actually, this is a configuration issue, the consultant set it in the correct way, and the financial dimensions showed up. Sorry I didn't know the exact steps, the consultant was not working in office. It worked in the QA box after that.

Zedben responded on 19 Jun 2013 8:14 AM

If anyone knows this configuration, it would be probably helpful - if not to me, then to someone else that finds this by searching.