Question Status

Unanswered
gioteso asked a question on 27 Apr 2013 8:16 AM

hallo all,

I had many problems during the installation of VM demo AX 2012 (downloaded from partner source) so that I didn't remember to activate Windows in VM. Now license is expired and I am not able to activate it.

How can I activate Windows?

Thanks

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 27 Apr 2013 11:20 AM

You need to have an external network (internet connection) in your virtual machine. Then you can go to the start menu and start typing 'activate'. Then you get the option to activate your windows license. If you don't do it, the machine will restart every hour. When activated the license is valid for 180 days.

If this does not work, you can reinstall the VM from the setup. But all changes are lost then...

If you don't have internet connection, but you did setup the external network, try to restart the machine. I alsways use a wired connection for this, as my wireless sometimes refuses...

Good luck!

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Bill Curtis responded on 13 Jun 2013 1:39 PM

This doesn't address the issue with Office 2013 activation.  Do you have any hints for fixing the activation failure with that?

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 13 Jun 2013 10:46 PM

Hi DrBillC,

Until now I did not use a hyper-v version with Office 2013. I'm still using a version with Windows Server 2008 and Office 2010 as this machine seems to perform better on my laptop. I am aware of a newer demo machine with Windows Server 2012 and so on.. Unfortunately I have not the same experience as you have now.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.