Question Status

Verified
Anwar asked a question on 26 Jun 2013 9:17 AM

can any one help me.... when I press ( period button ) in the ( Main account screen - Ax 2012 ) to see the account balance in the each period, I found it equal zero in the each period. any one know why.?

Verified Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 26 Jun 2013 11:57 PM

Hi Anwar,

In AX2012 you have to update the balances from the Financial Dimension Sets per set. Also for the set 'main acccounts'. In AX2012 RTM and feature pack it is possible to have these balances updated automatically. In AX2012 R2 you can only schedule this process in batch.

So from the R2 version the balances are near-time.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Anwar responded on 10 Jul 2013 3:19 AM

Dear Andre... thanks a lot for your support.... it's working well now.

lally responded on 30 Aug 2013 4:26 AM

Hi All ,

I generated some postings on ledger accounts and checked the balance on the main account in the GL of AX 2012 .

I noticed that I could easily identify the amounts posted. Yet, the checkboxes on the right of the chart of accounts always show a balance of zero for most of the accounts ( it has one transaction only for these accounts with debit amounts  ) and for some accounts it is showing balance .

I already refreshed the window and recalculated my period balances but nothing helps.

Is there anybody who has an idea?

lally responded on 31 Aug 2013 1:18 AM

Any help ?

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 2 Sep 2013 1:08 AM

Hi Lally,

To see the balances, you need to define what period or fiscal year should be calculated and displayed. You can do this with the button Parameters within the list page of the Main accounts.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Verified Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 26 Jun 2013 11:57 PM

Hi Anwar,

In AX2012 you have to update the balances from the Financial Dimension Sets per set. Also for the set 'main acccounts'. In AX2012 RTM and feature pack it is possible to have these balances updated automatically. In AX2012 R2 you can only schedule this process in batch.

So from the R2 version the balances are near-time.

kind regards,