CF DIRECTOR and AX 4.0 generating temp files without purge

This question is not answered

We have a client who uses CF Director with AX4.0.  A folder 'C:\Documents and Settings\AOSSERVICE\Local Settings\Temp ' is filling up with Temp files, and has been doing so for 3 years, and now Totals 17gig. 

Does anyone know if all of these files , or any of these files can be deleted ?  I personally believe they could all be deleted except perhaps recent ones (within one day).

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you.

All Replies
  • I thought I would mention that CF stands for Create!Form from Bottomline Technologies.

• I wasn't aware of CF using the AOSSERVICE folder... why do you mention CF, you clearly think it is the cause of these files? Is this on the client or the server?

Janet

• CF doesn't explicitly write to that folder.  It is the AOS service account folder, and it is on the server side.  The AX code side explains that the temporary file is used to build the final file, and cautions that it should not be deleted prematurely, but I can't imagine it needs to stay in the temp folder for long (more than a day).

I have asked the client to consult with the designers of the mod for a better answer.

Thank you for the feedback.

• Hi,

Did you ever get an answer to this we have just found the same issue after 3 years?  It started to cause issue with sending out documents.

Thanks