Company to partition mappings has not been done in the source system.

Company to partition mappings has not been done in the source system.

This question is not answered

Getting "Company to partition mappings has not been done in the source system." error on Upgrading data from AX 2009 to ax2012,

Steps followed to upgrade:

1. Installed AX 2012 as a fresh installation.

2. Compiled the Complete Application as well .NET Framework CIL.3.

3. Completed all the Checklists in "Upgrade Preparation"

4.Then tried to connect to a AX 2009 base database from " Data Upgrade --> "Connect to source database ( Required)" option. When I point to my AX 2009 database, on Connecting I am getting

"Company to partition mappings has not been done in the source system." error.

Could anybody please let me know am I missing any other configuration for upgrading the data, or do I need to take any addition steps .

Thanks & regards

Sesha Sayana Reddy V

All Replies
  • The mapping is part of Preprocessing upgrade checklist that you should run in your AX2009 system.

You should familiarize yourself with the whole process of data upgrade - just trying isn't the best approach in this case. The Upgrade Guide will help you with that.

Martin "Goshoom" Dráb | Freelancer | Goshoom.NET Dev Blog

• Hi Martin,

Thanks for your suggestion. Now I am trying to proceed to do PreSynchronize the AX 2009 Database.

But after AX Compilation, I am still seeing that "Data Upgrade: is in disabled mode.

And I am seeing an error "Mandatory checklist item 'Presynchronize' is dependent on optional checklist item 'Provide license information'." eery time when I open a "Upgrade Check List"

Here I have provided the AX 2009 License key and Synchronized the DB. Still I am not able to See the "Presynchronize" option enabled. Could you please let me know am I missing any additional configuration which are required.

Note I have followed the exact way which is specified in the AX 2012 Upgrade document.

Thanks in Advance.

Sesha Sayana Reddy V