AX2012 R2 Where Do You Indicate If An Item Is Purchased Or Produced?

AX2012 R2 Where Do You Indicate If An Item Is Purchased Or Produced?

This question is answered

Where in AX2012 do you indicate if the item was purchased or produced? I thought that this would be on the inventory site specific settings, but we could not locate the place to do this.

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Julie

Verified Answer
  • You do not really. If you activate the process configuration key there is on the engineering tab of the item the "Production Type" flag. If you do not have this the fact a BOM is present means you make it, but planning will know from the default order type in the default order settings. Classification is one way to go, through elements like the item group and classification to identify it. Depends why you want to indicate it.

Not checked in R2, but is an AX2012 answer.

Steve Weaver | Dynamics AX Solution Architect - UK | My Blog

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

All Replies
  • You do not really. If you activate the process configuration key there is on the engineering tab of the item the "Production Type" flag. If you do not have this the fact a BOM is present means you make it, but planning will know from the default order type in the default order settings. Classification is one way to go, through elements like the item group and classification to identify it. Depends why you want to indicate it.

Not checked in R2, but is an AX2012 answer.

Steve Weaver | Dynamics AX Solution Architect - UK | My Blog

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• Thanks very much.

Julie