Question Status

Verified
Kuan Yi Wu asked a question on 27 Oct 2013 9:48 PM

Hi everyone,

I am trying to do return sales order by selecting a sales order, i added in the line discount column in the grid list, when i change the return quantity number to partially return items, the discount disappear, and i unable to edit the column. Can anyone please advise is there anyway i can edit the column? May i know is AX originally no include discount in the return sales order?

Thank You

Best Regards

Kuan Yi 

Verified Answer
Erol Celebic responded on 28 Oct 2013 4:12 AM

You can try to do this not with discounts, but with charges. You can specify charges as "negative" so that it become discount.

You can define charges on order header or on positions.

You can find your return order also if you go directly from the customer form.

Dont forget to specify the right dispositions code. You can find them in the positions details in return order form.

Verified Answer
Steven Weaver responded on 28 Oct 2013 12:13 PM

There is a very regimented approach when you copy in the sales order, essentially you cannot change the price or discount, you must use miscellaneous charges to reflect any reduction in the credit from the original invoice for any reason as Erol indicates.

Steve Weaver | Dynamics AX Solution Architect - UK | My Blog

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Suggested Answer
Steven Weaver responded on 7 Nov 2013 10:39 AM

No, the returns process for sales is a separate process leading into the sales order, whilst the purchase returns process is simply a different order type (like it used to be in sales)

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Suggested Answer
Steven Weaver responded on 7 Nov 2013 11:36 PM

Yes I understood, the process is completely different, with purchase order returns you load a standard purchase line so you can do anything you can on a standard purchase line.

Verified Answer
Erol Celebic responded on 28 Oct 2013 4:12 AM

You can try to do this not with discounts, but with charges. You can specify charges as "negative" so that it become discount.

You can define charges on order header or on positions.

You can find your return order also if you go directly from the customer form.

Dont forget to specify the right dispositions code. You can find them in the positions details in return order form.

Verified Answer
Steven Weaver responded on 28 Oct 2013 12:13 PM

There is a very regimented approach when you copy in the sales order, essentially you cannot change the price or discount, you must use miscellaneous charges to reflect any reduction in the credit from the original invoice for any reason as Erol indicates.

lally responded on 30 Oct 2013 3:30 AM

Does the above process is applicable to AX 2012 also ?

Erol Celebic responded on 30 Oct 2013 3:37 AM

It is the standard approach in AX, I suppose it should work in same way with any AX 2012 version.

Above description is for AX 2012 R2.

Steven Weaver responded on 30 Oct 2013 9:47 AM

Yes it was brought in as a process in AX2009 and is still the prescribed process from MS.

lally responded on 5 Nov 2013 8:50 PM

Does the above process is applicable to Purchase order also ?

Suggested Answer
Steven Weaver responded on 7 Nov 2013 10:39 AM

No, the returns process for sales is a separate process leading into the sales order, whilst the purchase returns process is simply a different order type (like it used to be in sales)

lally responded on 7 Nov 2013 9:33 PM

Thanks Adam ,

I am asking the about the Discount percent issue when you return the material against the purchase order ?

( for sales we use the misc charges , but what about the purchase return order ?

Suggested Answer
Steven Weaver responded on 7 Nov 2013 11:36 PM

Yes I understood, the process is completely different, with purchase order returns you load a standard purchase line so you can do anything you can on a standard purchase line.