Question Status

Verified
dwcwork asked a question on 5 Nov 2013 10:37 AM

I wrote the following job - to learn more about how AX and X++ work, but it is driving me crazy. 

It is having problems with this line below: qbr2 = qbds1.addRange(fieldNum(dimensionAttributeValueSetItem,DisplayValue));

When I run it, it gives a critical stop and says:  Invalid range.    It is a valid field in DimensionAttributeValueSetItem, but for some reason it doesn't think so. 

I have been over my program multiple times and cannot find any error - what would make it give an error like that?  What am I missing?

static void DantestInventTable(Args _args)

//Define Query

{

Query             query;

QueryRun        queryRun;

QueryBuildDataSource     qbds1;

QueryBuildDataSource     qbds2;

QueryBuildRange        qbr1;

QueryBuildRange        qbr2;

InventTable     inventTable;

DimensionAttributeValueSetItem dimensionAttributeValueSetItem;

Struct structOutput;

structOutput = new struct

("str ItemTableID;"

+ "str DisplayValue;"

);

//the Build

query = new Query();

qbds1 = query.addDataSource(TableNum(InventTable));

qbds1.addSortField(fieldNum(InventTable,ItemId));

qbr1 = qbds1.addRange(fieldNum(inventTable,SemRevenueType));

qbr1.value("Essential 08-01");

qbr2 = qbds1.addRange(fieldNum(dimensionAttributeValueSetItem,DisplayValue));

qbr2.value("P25");

qbds2 = qbds1.addDataSource(TableNum(DimensionAttributeValueSetItem));

qbds2.relations(false);

qbds2.joinMode(joinmode::ExistsJoin);

qbds2.addLink(fieldnum(InventTable,DefaultDimension),fieldnum(DimensionAttributeValueSetItem,DimensionAttributeValueSet));

//the Instantiation

queryRun = new queryRun(query);

//the Action

// the If condition checks to see that the query is running.  If not, it will not execute.

if (queryRun.prompt())

{

//the while loops over the InventTable in search of the information needed.

while (queryRun.next())

{

inventTable = queryRun.get(tableNum(InventTable));

dimensionAttributeValueSetItem = queryRun.get(tableNum(DimensionAttributeValueSetItem));

structOutput.value("ItemTableID",inventTable.ItemId);

structOutput.value("DisplayValue",dimensionAttributeValueSetItem.DisplayValue);

info(structOutput.toString());

}

}

Verified Answer
tturney responded on 5 Nov 2013 11:32 AM

DWCWORK,

It looks like you have set the range with a field in the dimensionAttributeValueSetItem table, but the QueryBuildDataSource (qbds1) is the inventtable.

Tom T.

Verified Answer
tturney responded on 5 Nov 2013 11:32 AM

DWCWORK,

It looks like you have set the range with a field in the dimensionAttributeValueSetItem table, but the QueryBuildDataSource (qbds1) is the inventtable.

Tom T.

dwcwork responded on 5 Nov 2013 11:38 AM

As you can tell, I am new at this.  How do I add the range for the dimensionAttributeValueSetItem as well at the inventTable?  I have been looking all over the web, and can't find anything that explains this very well.

dwcwork responded on 5 Nov 2013 2:18 PM

figured that part out - played with it some more!

tturney responded on 6 Nov 2013 11:52 AM

Thats great.  Sometimes it just takes experimentation, and alot of Bing/Google.

dwcwork responded on 7 Nov 2013 12:54 PM

I just wish there was more about some of these topics in Bing/Google.  Have to do a ton of searching for the little gems that are hidden out there - and with many blogs reposting the same post - can get very frustrating.  I do the Web searches first and when I can't find what I need I then post here asking for help.  So far this Forum has helped me with the three major problems I couldn't solve any other way.  You all are a great help!