Question Status

Verified
jianrui asked a question on 12 Jan 2014 4:57 AM

Hi,

i just have finished installing my dynamics AX 2012, but unfortunately i can do nothing when i finish the initialization checklist. i cannot find any administration option from the client interface.(i download the license file from MSDN subsctiontion)

is it possible for me to configure the system from scratch? or is there anyone can share a contoso demo database to me, i only have the MSDN account,it makes me confused how to start to learn the system.

many thanks.

Verified Answer
Nitesh Ranjan responded on 12 Jan 2014 5:06 PM

For your case I would suggest if you can utilize RapidStart tool, which basically needs you to conenct to Dynamics Online to upload demo data.

again for this you need partnerSource/ coustomerSource login

Please verify if you can utilize this tool for you scenario.

Please update with your feedback.

Regards, NITESH RANAJN (PMP) | Dynamics AX Consultant

If this post helps you, Please verify this answer and earn Thank you Badge for yourself (Follow this link for more details https://community.dynamics.com/braggerbadges/badge/48.aspx)

Suggested Answer
Palle Agermark responded on 12 Jan 2014 7:18 AM

You must have a CustomerSource or PartnerSource with Microsoft to be eligible to get the demo data. Anyone with such account would most likely violate the terms for their account if they share them directly with you.

I have no idea why these data are not included with the MSDN subscription, which they in my opinion ought to be. I will suggest that you approach Microsoft to get the demo data.

Here's another thread about this problem: community.dynamics.com/.../107706.aspx

Palle Agermark | AX Developer | www.agermark.com | @PalleAgermark

Suggested Answer
Palle Agermark responded on 12 Jan 2014 7:18 AM

You must have a CustomerSource or PartnerSource with Microsoft to be eligible to get the demo data. Anyone with such account would most likely violate the terms for their account if they share them directly with you.

I have no idea why these data are not included with the MSDN subscription, which they in my opinion ought to be. I will suggest that you approach Microsoft to get the demo data.

Here's another thread about this problem: community.dynamics.com/.../107706.aspx

Palle Agermark | AX Developer | www.agermark.com | @PalleAgermark

Gertjan van der Linden responded on 12 Jan 2014 7:58 AM

To answer your other question. It is possible to start from scratch, but if you do not have any experience with AX, a demo environment will help you. Palle is right however: You can only download from customer source or partner source.

Greetings, Gertjan van der Linden | Dynamics AX Solution Architect

Verified Answer
Nitesh Ranjan responded on 12 Jan 2014 5:06 PM

For your case I would suggest if you can utilize RapidStart tool, which basically needs you to conenct to Dynamics Online to upload demo data.

again for this you need partnerSource/ coustomerSource login

Please verify if you can utilize this tool for you scenario.

Please update with your feedback.

Regards, NITESH RANAJN (PMP) | Dynamics AX Consultant

If this post helps you, Please verify this answer and earn Thank you Badge for yourself (Follow this link for more details https://community.dynamics.com/braggerbadges/badge/48.aspx)

jianrui responded on 12 Jan 2014 6:55 PM

thanks all