Question Status

Unanswered
Wasim Sallam asked a question on 13 Aug 2014 5:43 AM

I installed Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 and did the chicklist.
for the license I used it was for AX 2012 R2.
the License suppose to have the Arabic Language as well as English.

but when I go to Option to change the display language i see only English.

can anyone help with this please?

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 13 Aug 2014 5:50 AM

Hi Wasim,

Isn't is just a matter of closing and re-open the AX client?

Otherwise: check if the license information is correct. Go to System administration, Setup, Licensing, License information. Check on the tab language if the Arabic language has a  valid license and is enabled.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Wasim Sallam responded on 13 Aug 2014 6:04 AM

thanks André for the reply.

in the license information (language tab) the Arabic language is there but not enabled.

and can't be enable.

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 13 Aug 2014 6:06 AM

Hi Wasim,

Please check if you can get a license for R3. You used a license for R2. Or at least one where the Arabian language is supported.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Wasim Sallam responded on 13 Aug 2014 6:16 AM

Hi André,

The License we used is for R2 and supported Arabian language.

do we have to use a license for R3?

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 13 Aug 2014 7:02 AM

Hi Wasim,

Please check if you have installed the 'Foundation labels' model. I think this one might be missing.

kind regards,

Wasim Sallam responded on 13 Aug 2014 7:37 AM

Thanks André for your concern

I installed the Foundation labels model during the installation.

should I import it from the installation Disk again?

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 13 Aug 2014 8:24 AM

Hi Wasim,

If you open the About Microsoft Dynamics AX form you have the option to view the installed models. Please verify if it is really installed.

If the demo license is ignored, AX will act as demo version.

kind regards,

Wasim Sallam responded on 14 Aug 2014 3:23 AM

thanks for your kind reply.

the foundation model is installed as i checked in the About tab.

I think i need another license for it.

thanks a lot