Question Status

Suggested Answer
Vladimir4AX asked a question on 10 Feb 2015 8:23 AM

Hello, we have zero penny difference transaction in company currency. It comes from invoice settlement with payment, where the difference is smaller than a setup penny difference tolerance. It is in the foreign currency. Amount in company currency is zero after the rounding (e.g. AmountCur = 0.22, AmountMST = 0). 

When we run exchange adjustment in a company it will crash with error:

Error executing code: Division by zero.

\Classes\CustVendSettle\calcAndPostTaxExchRateDiff_RU - line 16

This is the line of the code:

convertFactor = _exchRateDiff / _custVendTrans.AmountMST

I am little bit afraid that this is a issue in standard functionality. Can anybody confirmed? If it so, is there any fix for that?

Vladimir4AX responded on 27 Mar 2015 3:36 AM

Any help? Do you have any experience with zero penny difference? Is this a normal behaviour or just a bug in third party customization? (but I am not aware of any customizations in this area)

Suggested Answer
Chris Ironmonger responded on 27 Mar 2015 8:21 AM

This could well be an issue with the standard code base, however it also may be something to do with the data being used and how that data has become to be in an erroneous state. This would require some investigation to ascertain it's origin.

Christopher Paul Ironmonger, MSc (Dist.), BSc (Hons.)
Microsoft Dynamics AX Developer

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion(s) or view(s) of my current employer(s), nor Microsoft and it's employees.

Suggested Answer
Chris Ironmonger responded on 27 Mar 2015 8:21 AM

This could well be an issue with the standard code base, however it also may be something to do with the data being used and how that data has become to be in an erroneous state. This would require some investigation to ascertain it's origin.

Christopher Paul Ironmonger, MSc (Dist.), BSc (Hons.)
Microsoft Dynamics AX Developer

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion(s) or view(s) of my current employer(s), nor Microsoft and it's employees.