unlocking the item from counting

This question is not answered

Hello All,

When I tried to create movement journal or use a particular item, I am getting a message that "Item has been locked and it is in counting"..I remeber one of colleague created a counting journal for this item and then deleted that journal..

Can anyone guide me on how do I unlock or get out of this message?? I dont see any counting journal for this item now..

Your help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Venkat

All Replies
  • Go to the item record, select the setup button and item warehouse, go to the general tab and remove teh counting started flag.

If you do this and there is a journal it will allow you to create another journal and double enter differences.

Steve Weaver | Dynamics AX Solution Architect - UK | My Blog

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• Thanks for pointing that out Weaveriski.  Helped be locate a locked item that was giving me trouble.  

• Hi,

i am facing same issues in AX 2012 but unable to resolve it... please let me know all if u have solution that will work on ax 2012.

thanks,

Yumna

• found solution :) i have an open counting journal with these items :D then i deleted them and post new adjustment journal :)