Question Status

Unanswered
CVenkat asked a question on 14 Jan 2011 12:35 PM

Hello All,

When I tried to create movement journal or use a particular item, I am getting a message that "Item has been locked and it is in counting"..I remeber one of colleague created a counting journal for this item and then deleted that journal..

Can anyone guide me on how do I unlock or get out of this message?? I dont see any counting journal for this item now..

Your help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Venkat

Steven Weaver responded on 15 Jan 2011 3:13 AM

Go to the item record, select the setup button and item warehouse, go to the general tab and remove teh counting started flag.

If you do this and there is a journal it will allow you to create another journal and double enter differences.

Steve Weaver | Dynamics AX Solution Architect - UK | My Blog

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Andy Adamak responded on 30 Sep 2013 8:18 AM

Thanks for pointing that out Weaveriski.  Helped be locate a locked item that was giving me trouble.  

Yumna responded on 18 Mar 2014 12:01 AM

Hi,

i am facing same issues in AX 2012 but unable to resolve it... please let me know all if u have solution that will work on ax 2012.

thanks,

Yumna

Yumna responded on 18 Mar 2014 12:27 AM

found solution :) i have an open counting journal with these items :D then i deleted them and post new adjustment journal :)