Our support engineers have assembled the top recommended solutions for you.
Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012CRM Connector in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012Financials Management in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012Upgrading to Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012
Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009
Application Object Server (AOS)
Enterprise Portal and Role Centers
Inventory Costing in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009
SSRS and SSAS Integration
I am working on an AX 2012 implementation for a client in CPG industry. AX will be used by their distributors (all distributors are sole distributor and not consortium based distributors) to manage their end-to-end operations. They have a limited number of distributors to cover the whole of country – only 34. Each distributor in turn has multiple branches – 20 per distributor (avg.). We are creating each distributor as a legal entity and each of its branch as a site.
There are requirements around Warehouse Management with which I am stuck and will really appreciate if you can help out.
1. Require frozen, chill and ambient space in warehouse for products. Each product will have this storage requirement mapped to it e.g. All item numbers of type Ice Cream can ONLY be stored in frozen area, of type Cheese and Milk can be stored in chill area, of type chips can be stored in ambient area of the warehouse2. Within each of these area, storage capacity has to be respected at the time of product receipt.3. As an exception to point 1 & 2a. If the storage capacity is full in Chill area then those products can be stored in refrigeration area and if that is also full then in ambient areab. If the storage capacity is full in ambient area then those products can be stored in chill areac. Alternate storage is only temporary for not more than few hours until alternate arrangements are made. However, this is not to be tracked in AX and will be done manually.4. Ability to classify warehouse into salable and unsalable area. Products are not allowed to be sold from unsalable area.
While trying to design for the above requirements I did the following setups/transactions.
1. Warehouse Setup:
a. Site 1,2b. Warehouse: 16 & 26 (respectively for site 1 and 2)c. For each warehouse:i. Inbound Dock: 2 ii. Outbound Dock: 2iii. Picking Locations: 8 (Type A store area as Picking area)iv. Bulk Locations:8 (Type A store area as Picking area, 2 locations with ambient store area as Input location, 3 as Refrigeration and 3 as Chill)v. Aisle (2), Shelf (2), Rack (2), Bin (2): All activevi. Store Area, Input Area: (3 ). Refrigeration, Ambient, Chillvii. Store Area, Picking Area: (2),. Type A & Type Bviii. Store Zone: 3. Refrigeration (secondary area Chill), Ambient (secondary area chill), Chill secondary area (Refrigeration)d. In the above setup the number of sites/locations/warehouse is just arbitrary
2. Created 1 Test Product to test the setup
a. Warehouse Item configuration done is as followsi. Store Zone: Ambientii. Default Receipt Locations: Inbound Dockiii. Default Issue Location: 02-1-1-1iv. Default Picking Location: 1-1-1-2b. Inventory Fast tabi. Height, Width, depth was specified3. For point 4 above, we will create a separate warehouse for each warehouse which will be used to dump unsalable goods. Any goods here will not be allowed to be sold. To transfer goods from salable to unsalable warehouse we will use the transfer journal.
1. In warehouse item setup, receipt location and issue Location can be of any type: Inbound Dock, Outbound Dock, Picking Location, Bulk Location. Picking location can be only of type picking location2. From a PO when product receipt is done then it can be done to any location and location capacity is not respected. System allows any amount/volume of product to be received to a particular location.3. When Item arrival form is used and a journal is createda. System does respect the location capacity and does not allow over receipt.b. Only location for receipt can be an inbound dock. However, once posted goods are automatically transferred from inbound to picking location (as specified in the item warehouse setup)c. To transfer the item from picking location to an issue location a transfer order can NOT be created as it can be done only for across warehousesd. To transfer the item from picking location to an issue location only a transfer journal can be created but then the capacity constraint is NOT respected = What are the alternatives? 4. Store zones are a group of store area. N number of store areas can be grouped together to create a store zone and prioritized for product receipt. Once all locations in a store area are full then the next store area in that zone will be used for product receipt. = Not able to get this working since;a. The picking location in the warehouse item can ONLY be of type “picking location” we cannot put any other location. Store Areas will have locations mapped to them which are of type “bulk location”. b. Now receipt happens to picking location and store areas do not come in to picture and therefore the product storage type = location storage type mapping does not get executed = What are the alternatives?
Some hints might help you further:
1. You have to use pallet IDs to get inbound pallet transports (i.e. inbound advices). The inbound pallet transport will find an advised free location that respects the constraints for the store areas, and will search in preferred store areas in order of the store zone setting.
2. Do not fill the default receipt location nor the default issue location on the item warehouse data.
3. On the arrival journal name or production inbound journal name, specify 'pallet transports' and 'check buffer (=bulk) location'
4. Create an item arrival journal or production input journal and post it. Now AX will generate pallet transports.
best regards, Frans
Im working on AX 2012, and has some problem. I try to post Transfer order but when i post shipment Transfer order and Receive Transfer order i cannot see select location. It was hiden. and i got error msg. because location missing even i has selected in transfer order line. But it didnt display on these form. Anybody can help me to solve it? Thank you very much
1. Probably the location on the transit warehouse is missing. Specify default locations for receipt and issue in the transit warehouse. Create a new transfer order.
2A. Ship + Auto-receive transfer order is only possible if you a default location for receipt is specified in the destination warehouse (either on the warehouse or on the item warehouse data)
2B. Ship transfer order, receive transfer order in an item arrival journal in the destination warehouse.
3. I still have a problem pallet-items when receiving a full pallet in the destination warehouse. The pallet ID is emptied, and the pallet location is still the outbound dock of the source warehouse.
I hope 1. and 2A/2B. will solve your problem.
Other Microsoft Sites
I'm a Customer
I'm a Partner
Use the official Twitter tags:
#MSDYNCOMM | #CONV13