Question Status

Verified
Aman Kumar asked a question on 30 Jun 2012 2:50 AM

Hi,

I have configured a new VPC of AX 2012 in my laptop.  In the default "CEU" company, I was able to create employees.

Then I created a new company and started doing setups on my own. When I went to HR module and tried to create an employee, the "Hire new worker" button is always inactive in the "New employee creation" dialog. Hence I am not able to create any employee in this company. 

Also now when I go to the default companies, I face the same problem.  Hence now I am not able to create employees in any of the companies in my VPC.

It looks like a functional issues.

Has anybody faced this issue before? Any help or suggestion is highly appreciated...

Verified Answer
Tim Schofield responded on 2 Jul 2012 1:30 PM

It is a number sequence problem. Find the employee or worker number sequence (sorry can't remember the reference) un 'continuous' and change the 'next' number or contestant.

ShylaT responded on 2 Jul 2012 8:09 AM

The "New New Worker" button should become available when you enter the minimum amount of data in the "Create New Worker" form. I believe all you need to enter is the first name of the worker and then the button should become available.

For specific procedures about creating a new worker, see the following help topic:

technet.microsoft.com/.../hh227410.aspx

Aman Kumar responded on 2 Jul 2012 10:38 AM

Thanks for the reply...

As I mentioned earlier that I was able to create employees initially however when I created a new company, I could no longer create employees in any of the companies...

Not sure, may be it can be bug too..

ShylaT responded on 2 Jul 2012 11:00 AM

I'm sorry that I can't help with the issue you're having. I am very interested in the resolution of the issue though, so if you do find the answer, can you please post it back to this thread?

Verified Answer
Tim Schofield responded on 2 Jul 2012 1:30 PM

It is a number sequence problem. Find the employee or worker number sequence (sorry can't remember the reference) un 'continuous' and change the 'next' number or contestant.

Aman Kumar responded on 2 Jul 2012 10:20 PM

Thanks Tim...

I increased the counter and then I could create new employees....

Gabor Fulop responded on 31 Jan 2013 10:37 AM

The number sequence resolved this issue for me too