Question Status

Unanswered
PatrickS asked a question on 13 Aug 2012 10:52 AM

Hi all,

We understand the settings to automatically update balances in "financial dimension sets".  We do have it set to automatic update.

We also understand adding a new dimension requires rebuilding/updating.

However, it seems our balances still get out of whack often and we have to rebuild and update manually. 

Are there any known list of triggers that would cause it to get out of whack so often? It seemed to have 6 times during our recent financial close.

idtTom responded on 22 Aug 2012 1:00 PM

We have a similar issue and I'd love to hear the official response and/or solution to the issue.

We have our setting on the financial dimension set to update on posting process but it still seems to get off.

PatrickS responded on 22 Aug 2012 1:38 PM

Hi -

They told me that it's a performance issue and there is a hot fix (in roll-up 3 as well) for it. I'm a bit skeptical but we'll see.

idtTom responded on 22 Aug 2012 3:08 PM

Did Microsoft provide a hot fix number?

Modsrob responded on 27 Sep 2012 2:32 AM

We too are having a similar problem whereby we have dimension sets balances set to update automatically on posting but there are still transactions missing from the summary trial balance.  We have had to resort to rebuilding tha balances on a scheduled batch several times a day.

There is a hotfix for KB 2708448 which is described as "When you enable "Update balance during the posting process" on Financial Dimension Set, we see the system getting deadlocks."  I cannot find this in the list of hotfixes included in CU3 and believe itr is subsequent to CU3.

We requested and installed this hotfix and whilst it did stop the deadlocking erros we were getting unfortunately it did not resolve the problem of the dimension set balances not including some transactions.

Rola Halabi responded on 14 Nov 2012 12:10 PM

Theres another hotfix that serves a related problem. 2717490 . but i can't find it in any roll up update yet.