Question Status

Suggested Answer
Pierre Lanteigne asked a question on 10 Oct 2012 6:23 AM

We are using Version 2.0.1700.66 of Management Reporter with AX2009 (version 5.0.1500.1313).  AX version is not recent enough to be compatible with AX2012.  We cannot upgrade to a more recent version of AX.

We are getting a DAE01 error in Management Reporter and because of it, the reports will not print for some companies in the Reporting tree (but mainly, it does not print for the consolidation company).

Any suggestion?

Thanks,

Pierre

Suggested Answer
Jacob Roder responded on 4 Jun 2014 5:58 PM

Hey Lisa,

I've never seen the first error before, but I'm well acquainted with the second.

In my case, the second error was caused by there being an issue with dimensions.  There was a poorly coded import job that brought in values to the LEDGERBUDGET table and wasn't validating them properly.  There were some values in the DIMENSION field of that table that included some "sub-departments" and things.

These values didn't exist in the DIMENSIONS table.  Management Reporter did a check on the length of the datatype by doing a LEN() on the value of the dimension in the DIMENSIONS table.  When it tried to put the longer piece of data (from the LEDGERBUDGET table) in the field with a length that was too short, I received the following error message.

To fix it, I opened up the LEDGERBUDGET table, sorted by the DIMENSION field, and fixed the values that were too long.

Sorry for the rambling response - if my explanation doesn't make any sense, please let me know.

-Jake

Jacob Roder responded on 15 Mar 2013 1:12 PM

Hey Pierre,

Can you check the event viewer?  What type of error is coming across?

-Jake

Khalil Ur Rehman responded on 24 Apr 2013 4:39 AM

Just Remove the Transaction and Try Again. some times this also work.

cgust responded on 25 Apr 2013 6:53 AM

I would still install most recent version of Management Reporter. It works with Dynamics AX 2009.  

Info here:  blogs.msdn.com/.../management-reporter-ru5-brings-new-features-support-for-new-countries.aspx

Lisa.sorensen responded on 30 May 2014 10:57 AM
Was there any resolution to this issue for AX 2009 and MR 2.0? I have a client that is running AX 2009 5.0.1500.2985 and MR 2.0.1700.66, upgrading to MR 2012 is not an option at this point.

They want to restructure their account structure. They would like to consolidate the values of all the existing dimensions into the first dimension. The developer wrote some customization to go through all the tables and transactions to consolidate all the values from the existing dimensions (currently there are 5) to the first dimension (All in a Test Environment). The value of the first dimension was 1 character but was expanded to 8 characters to support the consolidation.

Everything in the AX application appears to accept the consolidation change. In MR, it is possible to see the new consolidated values in Dimension_1.

Prior to running the consolidation job, a Trial Balance was run in AX 2009 and in MR 2.0 and the balances tied. A Trial Balance in AX 2009 was run after the consolidation job and balances to the original. When we attempted to run a Trial Balance in MR 2.0, we receive the DAE01 error twice while requesting data and receive a blank report.

The Event Viewer posted the following warning event: Severity: Warning MessageTypes: General Text: A criteria defined for the balance request specifies a value that is not supported by the current GL system company. The collection of criteria that contains this item will be removed from the request. The results of this request may not return the expected results. \r\nCriteria: GLTransactionTypeCriteria \r\n Value:GLTransactionTypeCriteria

A second event for the Management Reporter Services has the following error message: Message: Microsoft.Dynamics.Performance.DataProvider.GeneralLedger.AX.Common.DataAccessException: SQL error occurred. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: String or binary data would be truncated. The statement has been terminated. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite, SqlDataReader ds) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe, Int32 timeout, Boolean asyncWrite) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() at Microsoft.Dynamics.Performance.DataProvider.GeneralLedger.AX.Data.ChartRequestDataAccess.InsertIntoChartValuesTable(DataConnector dataConnector, SqlConnection sqlConnection, ChartElementCollection chartCollection, ParametrizedQuery accountTableQuery, ChartDescriptorCollection additionalDescriptorCollection, TreeNode conditionTreeNode, String tableName, String entityDatabase) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Microsoft.Dynamics.Performance.DataProvider.Core.TraceManager.Publish(Exception sourceException, Boolean throwException) at Microsoft.Dynamics.Performance.DataProvider.GeneralLedger.AX.Data.ChartRequestDataAccess.InsertIntoChartValuesTable(DataConnector dataConnector, SqlConnection sqlConnection, ChartElementCollection chartCollection, ParametrizedQuery accountTableQuery, ChartDescriptorCollection additionalDescriptorCollection, TreeNode conditionTreeNode, String tableName, String entityDatabase) at Microsoft.Dynamics.Performance.DataProvider.GeneralLedger.AX.GLProvider.PopulateBalanceRowTable(DataConnector dataConnector, SqlConnection sqlConnection, BalanceRowCollection balanceRows, String balanceRowTableName) at Microsoft.Dynamics.Performance.DataProvider.GeneralLedger.AX.GLProvider.HandleBalanceRequest(GLBalanceRequest request) at Microsoft.Dynamics.Performance.DataProvider.GeneralLedger.GLSystemProvider.HandleRequest(GLBalanceRequest request) at Microsoft.Dynamics.Performance.DataProvider.Core.SourceSystemRequest.Handle[TRequest](SourceSystemProvider provider, TRequest request) at Microsoft.Dynamics.Performance.DataProvider.Core.SourceSystemProvider.SubmitRequest(SourceSystemRequest request)

I keep thinking there is another table or configuration setting that needs to be adjusted in AX 2009 but I am not sure where to begin to look. Anyone have any suggestions?

Suggested Answer
Jacob Roder responded on 4 Jun 2014 5:58 PM

Hey Lisa,

I've never seen the first error before, but I'm well acquainted with the second.

In my case, the second error was caused by there being an issue with dimensions.  There was a poorly coded import job that brought in values to the LEDGERBUDGET table and wasn't validating them properly.  There were some values in the DIMENSION field of that table that included some "sub-departments" and things.

These values didn't exist in the DIMENSIONS table.  Management Reporter did a check on the length of the datatype by doing a LEN() on the value of the dimension in the DIMENSIONS table.  When it tried to put the longer piece of data (from the LEDGERBUDGET table) in the field with a length that was too short, I received the following error message.

To fix it, I opened up the LEDGERBUDGET table, sorted by the DIMENSION field, and fixed the values that were too long.

Sorry for the rambling response - if my explanation doesn't make any sense, please let me know.

-Jake

Lisa.sorensen responded on 4 Jun 2014 6:07 PM

Hi Jake,

Thank you for following up regarding this issue. You are spot on regarding the resolution, although it was not related to the LEDGERBUDGET table, there were transactions in the LEDGERBALANCESDIMTRANS table that has too many characters.  

We went ahead and contacted MS support regarding the issue and similar to your issue, when the consolation was performed, there were 143 transactions that had 9 characters instead of 8. Fortunately, we were able to removed the transactions.  Once the transactions were removed, MR ran just fine.  

I really appreciate your follow-up. I think it will definitely help anyone else that may encounter the issue if they are still on MR 2.0.

Jacob Roder responded on 5 Jun 2014 6:23 AM

Hey Lisa,

Glad I could help.  I was actually experiencing this issue on MR 2012 connected to AX 2009.  I don't know if the problem has been resolved in a more recent release of MR 2012 or not.  Maybe Char or someone can verify.

-Jake