Question Status

Verified
ARPIT CHAVHAN asked a question on 8 Jan 2013 10:57 PM

I am trying to import a deleted table , but when i does it , it shows me error as "a table extended data type base enum or class called already exists. import of table aborted"

I have read somewhere that I need to delete the AOI file and restart the services. But I could not find out the location of the AOI file.

Plz let me know If anybody has any solution regarding it.

Thank you.

Arpit Chavhan

Dominic Lee responded on 9 Jan 2013 12:10 AM

Not sure how to solve your problem.

But AOI file doesn't exists anymore. All objects are put in the model store in Database server in AX2012.

kind regards,

Dominic Lee

My blog | PBC

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Verified Answer
Tommy Skaue responded on 9 Jan 2013 12:23 AM

A couple of things you might want to do for refresh any invalid cache:

- Restart client

- Refresh Elements from Developer Workspace and the menu "Tools"-"Cache"-"Refresh elements"

- Restart the AOS(es).

You also have the auc-file under "%appdata%/../Local/" which you could clear out while your AX-client is closed.

Tommy Skaue | Dynamics AX Developer from Norway | http://yetanotherdynamicsaxblog.blogspot.no/ | www.axdata.no

ARPIT CHAVHAN responded on 9 Jan 2013 12:43 AM

Do I need to delete that auc file...

Verified Answer
Tommy Skaue responded on 9 Jan 2013 12:53 AM

It is perfectly safe to delete these files when the client is not running. They will be recreated when needed. They do work as a client specific cache (auc stands for application user cache, as far as I know).

Sometimes these files get out of sync with the current environment you are running against, and that might cause unforeseen consequences. In a terminal server environment, I usually recommend removing them when user logs in.

Tommy Skaue | Dynamics AX Developer from Norway | http://yetanotherdynamicsaxblog.blogspot.no/ | www.axdata.no

ARPIT CHAVHAN responded on 9 Jan 2013 12:54 AM

As skaue suggested , I have done

Refresh Elements from Developer Workspace and the menu "Tools"-"Cache"-"Refresh elements"

And now I am able to import the deleted table.

Thank you all of you for your precious time.

Suggested Answer
Joris de Gruyter responded on 9 Jan 2013 7:38 AM

Relevant to my blog post from last night, be aware of the AUC file when you copy databases from one environment to another.

daxmusings.codecrib.com/.../fixing-code-caching-on-ax-environment.html

Verified Answer
Tommy Skaue responded on 9 Jan 2013 12:23 AM

A couple of things you might want to do for refresh any invalid cache:

- Restart client

- Refresh Elements from Developer Workspace and the menu "Tools"-"Cache"-"Refresh elements"

- Restart the AOS(es).

You also have the auc-file under "%appdata%/../Local/" which you could clear out while your AX-client is closed.

Verified Answer
Tommy Skaue responded on 9 Jan 2013 12:53 AM

It is perfectly safe to delete these files when the client is not running. They will be recreated when needed. They do work as a client specific cache (auc stands for application user cache, as far as I know).

Sometimes these files get out of sync with the current environment you are running against, and that might cause unforeseen consequences. In a terminal server environment, I usually recommend removing them when user logs in.

Suggested Answer
Joris de Gruyter responded on 9 Jan 2013 7:38 AM

Relevant to my blog post from last night, be aware of the AUC file when you copy databases from one environment to another.

daxmusings.codecrib.com/.../fixing-code-caching-on-ax-environment.html