Any Bing! search you do on "things to do in Atlanta" will return results that contain: Georgia Aquarium, World of Coke, Fernbank Museum of Natural History, High Museum of Art, and a tour of the CNN Studio. I completely agree that you should try to squeeze as many of these items in as possible, but you should absolutely take advantage of our GOOD EATS!! I've compiled a list of my top 10 restaurants you should try to go to while you are here:
1. The Varsity - If you want a great Hot dog, onion rings and a frosted orange - this is your place. Good old fashioned southern grease. This is the world's largest drive in. If you are tired of salad - here you go! 61 North Avenue Atlanta GA 30308 Phone: 404-881-1706
2. Mary Macs Tea Room - A southern classic. Best Fried Chicken in the world. I absolutely love this place! 224 Ponce De Leon Ave NE, Atlanta (404) 876-1800 Less than ten minutes from Convergence by cab.
3. Livingston n Midtown, perfect for a business lunch or a delicious dinner. On Mondays, they feature an unbeatable surf and turf special, called Millionaire Mondays.
4. Murphy's - Getting to Virginia Highlands might be a bit of a trek from downtown, but Murphy's is worth it! Upscale Southern food with quite possibly the best desserts around. Make a reservation (as they oftentimes have a wait for walk-ins) and arrive early to explore VA Highlands and all it has to offer!
5. Highland Bakery - This is a great place for breakfast with their staple being peanut butter French toast. YUM!! Don't worry they have several excellent options many of which are healthy. They have awesome grits that you don't even need to add anything too (not butter, salt, or cheese). Stick with their original location as it's only a few miles from the convention center: 655 Highland Ave NE #10, Atlanta, GA 30312.
6. Agave - This awesome find is located in Cabbagetown not too far from the convention center (I'd still recommend taking a taxi though). They serve southwestern food that delivers serious bang for your buck. Every dish is amazing, but they are famous for their cayenne fried chicken. Their margaritas are a must.
7. Kevin Rathbun Steak - Kevin is a renowned chef who has worked among several other famous/celebrity chefs throughout his career. Great steak with delicious and unique side dishes and appetizers. Great atmosphere with its modern design.
8. Buckhead Diner - Worth the trip to Buckhead! In the heart of Buckhead, Buckhead Diner features American cuisine with a fancy twist. It is consistently delicious, but you can't go wrong with any Buckhead Life Group restaurant. The homemade potato chips with blue cheese are to die for! Elton John eats here frequently.
9. Bistro Niko - Bistro Niko is a piece of Paris, right in the heart of Buckhead. The modern French fare is authentic & simple, while the affordably priced wine list, exciting cocktails and extensive craft beer list ensure that everyone finds something to suit their tastes. One of top two favorites.
10. Pricci - A contemporary Italian restaurant with a creative menu, dramatic interior and friendly service, Pricci is fun, stylish dining at its best. Casual and classy, Pricci has an innovative menu which combines classic Italian cuisine with modern flair. My other personal favorite.
You cannot go wrong with these choices!
For those of you interested in discovering a cool, but slightly hidden area of town, make sure to check out the Virginia Highlands. There are lots of great dining choices (like Murpys), great bars, and unique shopping options, and great place to walk around and explore. The Vortex located here has one of the best hamburgers in the world. Check it out. Happy eating!!
Here's a map of the area.
With snow on the ground today, it seems strange to think about Convergence in April with all of Atlanta in its spring splendor. You could not pick a better week to come to Atlanta with all of the flowers and trees blooming. Remember too, that the Master's Golf Tournament is the weekend before Convergence. Many people will go to Augusta for a lifetime memory before Convergence. And the Atlanta Braves will be in town too if you want to catch a game after the Conference day is over. All in all there will be plenty going on - so don't miss a minute of the fun.
We are looking forward to hosting Convergence in Atlanta again! It will be the best Convergence ever with the lineup I saw. Don't miss it!
Chief Executive Officer, I.B.I.S., Inc.
Now I am so hungry reading this list.
See you all at Convergence
Other Microsoft Sites
I'm a Customer
I'm a Partner
Use the official Twitter tags:
#MSDYNCOMM | #CONV13