Question Status

Verified
George Anderson asked a question on 18 Apr 2013 8:52 AM

I support a MS CRM 2011 on-premise installation with approximately 20-25 users.  I have one workstation/user whose Client for MS Outlook will not connect to our server.  He can move to another workstation and connect just fine, but his system simply reports "CRM Disconnected"  I've ran the Configuration Wizard and it sees my installation just fine.  I've ran the diagnostics and made sure to enable the add-in.  I've tried disabling all the Outlook add-ins except CRM.  I've uninstalled his installation of Office 2010 Home and Business and still no joy.  Any help here would be appreciated.

Reply
George Anderson responded on 18 Apr 2013 9:12 AM

Pathini,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I saw this via a google search and checked this before.  All of our systems are in sync with a time server and I did verify that the workstation and the server are both showing the same time.

George

Reply
Louis Michael Concepcion responded on 19 Apr 2013 4:11 AM

Try to uncheck the cache mode in outlook.

In your outlook,

1. File > Account Settings

2. Open the profile that you are using and uncheck the cache mode.

3. Try to reconnect the Configuration Wizard

Reply
Mohammad Atif responded on 24 Apr 2013 2:16 PM

have you ever done installation of CRM 4.0 outlook client on that machine , if yes a clean uninstall and re-install will be a good try www.nealabc.com/.../Microsoft-Dynamics-CRM-2011-Outlook-Client-Remove.aspx

Thanks,

Mohammad

Reply
George Anderson responded on 30 Apr 2013 10:39 AM

No.  We've been on CRM2011 for quite awhile.

Reply
George Anderson responded on 30 Apr 2013 10:40 AM

I tried this and it did not help.

Reply
Verified Answer
George Anderson responded on 30 Apr 2013 10:43 AM

I opened a ticket with Microsoft.  The tech had me uninstall Excel 2013, but that didn't help.  Excel still worked after the uninstall so we used a cleanup tool to finish the uninstall - but that didn't fix it either.  Finally, we tried this;

Remnants from the failed version of Office 2013 was causing the issue.

We deleted the 9.5 registry folder founder at the following location

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{00062FFF-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}\9.5]

... and that fixed the issue.

Reply
vinnyalex responded on 10 Jun 2013 12:29 AM

thanks George. I had a similar problem and your answer solved it for me.

Reply
DaveMcM responded on 21 Mar 2014 7:32 AM

I am having this issue also, but I do not have a 9.5 folder in the registry like Mr. Anderson mentioned, I have a 9.3 folder. I also have never installed a more up-to-date version of Office than my current 2007 version.

Reply
Verified Answer
George Anderson responded on 30 Apr 2013 10:43 AM

I opened a ticket with Microsoft.  The tech had me uninstall Excel 2013, but that didn't help.  Excel still worked after the uninstall so we used a cleanup tool to finish the uninstall - but that didn't fix it either.  Finally, we tried this;

Remnants from the failed version of Office 2013 was causing the issue.

We deleted the 9.5 registry folder founder at the following location

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{00062FFF-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}\9.5]

... and that fixed the issue.

Reply