CRM Help

This question is answered

We have a website where people apply with their information and right now I am manually putting them in as an account. Is there anyway I can link CRM to automatically update or add an account when companies do that?

Verified Answer
  • Hi there!

Tools like Web2CRM and PowerWebForm will bring the data into CRM and create a new Account.  But updating an existing Account is the hard part.  The idea of creating a portal is mentioned above because in that way, people can login and then you know the exact Account they associated with.  However, that creates extra steps for the user. 

Alternatively, you would have to create some rules that match an incoming application with an existing Account.  This would be custom code or using a tool like Scribe to intercept the entry and determine whether the Account is existing or new.

Gretchen Opferkew
    PowerObjects, Director of Education

Increase your CRM skills.  Find out about upcoming CRM Events.

All Replies
  • You could potentially use a product like Web2CRM to create forms on your website that push data directly into CRM.

If you have development resources you can look into using the CRM SDK to create your own custom integration. 

Another solution might be using a solution from Adxstudio to create a portal.

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

• Hi there!

Tools like Web2CRM and PowerWebForm will bring the data into CRM and create a new Account.  But updating an existing Account is the hard part.  The idea of creating a portal is mentioned above because in that way, people can login and then you know the exact Account they associated with.  However, that creates extra steps for the user. 

Alternatively, you would have to create some rules that match an incoming application with an existing Account.  This would be custom code or using a tool like Scribe to intercept the entry and determine whether the Account is existing or new.

Gretchen Opferkew
    PowerObjects, Director of Education

Increase your CRM skills.  Find out about upcoming CRM Events.

• Thank you for this suggestion! I am going to look further into Web2CRM.