Question Status

Verified
jakimo asked a question on 2 May 2013 10:47 AM

Currently I'm working with Leads, using My Open Leads view and All Leads view. I've added the column Company to sort by, however every Lead entry's Company field is simply blank in these views.

Every lead does have a Company name, the field is populated properly when going to a detailed view.

Suggestions?

Verified Answer
jakimo responded on 2 May 2013 3:20 PM

Found it!

So the Add column view gives you access to TONS of options, and it's not terribly organized.

It turns out Company just isn't used - and the field in Contacts or Leads for Company is Company Name. In Columns, this is actually a 'User-defined' section- even though I certainly didn't add a single entry here.

So once Company Name was added as a column, it connected no problem. It's hard to imagine no one else came across this in their initial set-ups?

thanks everyone for the assistance, I've learned quite a bit since yesterday (yesterday was my first day using this software)

Jacques

Jason Lattimer responded on 2 May 2013 11:17 AM

Just to confirm - did you add Company Name under Lead?

Jason Lattimer
My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

jakimo responded on 2 May 2013 11:28 AM

By default, the Company field shows up in the Lead New screen (same as double-clicking any existed Lead to edit as well)

So I've never added it, it's part of the default configuration (brand-new install)

So the Summary area has CONTACT and details, and COMPANY and details. Under COMPANY I have in Lead entry: Company, Web Site, Street, City, State/Province, ZIP/Postal Code, Country/Region.

Jason Lattimer responded on 2 May 2013 12:29 PM

Could you post a screen shot of your My Open Leads view? Just asking if you added the "Company Name" field to that view or the "Customer" field - which is a lookup to an existing record.

Jason Lattimer
My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

jakimo responded on 2 May 2013 12:30 PM

Yup, I just verified that Company in the Summary area is in fact the 'Company Name' field.

Does anyone know how to allow this to carry over to the Company column of the All Leads view?

Is this broken for everyone else?

SyedHussain responded on 2 May 2013 1:13 PM

If you're exclusively working with the Leads entity, and you have the Company field in there, populated with data and it's not showing in the same entity view (Lead - My Open Lead) then that is weird. I would check your attributes to see if you have a duplicate "Company" attribute in there that is presented on the form but not on the screen.

If that's the case; then do you have an on-premise install or are you online? It makes a difference. You can diagnose you're on-premise install to see what's happening by checking SQL DB to see if data is there in the right field. I don't know if this is the case.

If it's a question of using Accounts entity or other entities and the data not being populated like it should, you can try and restore the Leads field mapping.

Posting a screenshot of your form in customisation mode is probably a good thing.

jakimo responded on 2 May 2013 1:26 PM

I double checked everything, went through every possibility for a column. I've got the Company column selected, and it's obviously correct.

There's a disconnect on the two machines in our firm that are using this software so far, both were installs on-premise. My setup is as an Administrator and the other computer is not. Both have the same blank Company column in My Open Leads or All Leads view.

Leads field mapping shows that the field in data entry is called Company Name. So it seems mapped correctly. Maybe erase that field and put it back, to try to reset it?

SyedHussain responded on 2 May 2013 1:41 PM

I don't think that will make a difference but you can of course try. If that doesn't work, I would work backwards - Check DB > Check field names, mapping to see if anything is there. There might be a possibility your DB is screwed up because I can't see a reason it wouldn't show up.

If everything is fine DB side, try exporting your record to to Excel to further diagnose.

jakimo responded on 2 May 2013 1:44 PM

Is there a quick Rebuild database?

SyedHussain responded on 2 May 2013 1:51 PM

I just saw your other post regarding the Lead entity and not using the Last name, the last name is mandatory in CRM (well somewhat), I can't remember but I think the "Last Name" maps out to the company name. I don't have CRM 2011 next to me so I can't check. Try adding some last names in your lead entity.

jakimo responded on 2 May 2013 1:59 PM

I figured out how to make the Last name (and other fields, such as Topic), Recommended instead of Mandatory. Some entries have Last name, some don't - all of that pushes through just fine. It's just Company name that doesn't.

Someone mentioned checking the SQL DB, how is this done? Where is it located?

Now I'm wondering - if I migrate to the 'New Experience' (which allows me to have a better native iPad experience), would this possible reset something and fix this?

If there's trouble this way, can I go back to the 'old experience'?

jakimo responded on 2 May 2013 2:16 PM

Odd. I just looked at this article blogs.msdn.com/.../crm-for-ipad.aspx

I've never upgraded our new CRM install for the new experience - but all of those screenshots match what we see now! The new experience is already live for us, even though I never upgraded. Is that normal?

I looked at the old experience Mobile Express, as well. That's quite embarassing... =)

So how to get this pesky Company field to show?!

Verified Answer
jakimo responded on 2 May 2013 3:20 PM

Found it!

So the Add column view gives you access to TONS of options, and it's not terribly organized.

It turns out Company just isn't used - and the field in Contacts or Leads for Company is Company Name. In Columns, this is actually a 'User-defined' section- even though I certainly didn't add a single entry here.

So once Company Name was added as a column, it connected no problem. It's hard to imagine no one else came across this in their initial set-ups?

thanks everyone for the assistance, I've learned quite a bit since yesterday (yesterday was my first day using this software)

Jacques