Question Status

Verified
devinestorm asked a question on 8 May 2013 5:12 AM

Hi all,

I'm having issues when importing to "opportunity products".  I'm analysing the opportunities with the issue and they all have a larger number of opportunity products than the ones that succeeded and was wondering it there was a maximum number of lines?

THANKS

Verified Answer
Jason Lattimer responded on 10 May 2013 9:09 AM

I was able to recalculate that Opportunity. Do you have any custom plugins registered against the Opportunity entity that might be interfering?

Jason Lattimer
My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Jason Lattimer responded on 8 May 2013 5:58 AM

There shouldn't be any maximum amount of lines you can associate with an opportunity. What is the exact error you are receiving?

Jason Lattimer

devinestorm responded on 8 May 2013 6:19 AM

Hey Jason,

Thanks for replying.  The message is "Error:  400:  Bad Request: Syntax error '%' at position 16".  But cant see anything different with this data......

THANKS

devinestorm responded on 8 May 2013 6:51 AM

Hi again,

So I had an opportunity with 40 lines, I input 10 manually and fine, once I got to the 11th (51 lines) it came up with the above error.  Any idea how to fix this?

THANKS

Jason Lattimer responded on 8 May 2013 6:56 AM

I'd try a test maybe with just the one line that is failing - starting with the minimum amount of fields to create the record and that adding additional fields. Hopefully this approach will flush out the issue - I suspect it is related somehow to the data.

Jason Lattimer

devinestorm responded on 8 May 2013 7:02 AM

Hi again,

That is pretty much what I did, I just added 11 "test" lines, with minimal data.  And when it got to 51 it came up with the error. I'm going to do a few more tests importing all the same data for various product lines, testing under 50 and over 50 to see if this is definitely the issue.

THANKS

devinestorm responded on 8 May 2013 7:33 AM

Hey,

So I setup 4 test opportunities that are exactly the same.  Then imported 49, 50, 51, 52 lines to the 4 ops (all lines exactly the same).  The first 2 were ok (49 and 50 lines), but the 2nd 2 failed with the error message mentioned above.

THANKS

Jason Lattimer responded on 8 May 2013 8:09 AM

I just tried a test and was able to import 74 lines to an Opportunity.

What I did was create the Opportunity and than added 1 write in product. Exported the 1 line and copied it a bunch of times, changing the write in product name for each, and added a column for the Opportunity topic. Saved as a tab delimited file and then ran the import. All items succeeded.

Are you using existing products or write in products? Do the lines beyond 50 work if you make them say lines 1 or 2?

Jason Lattimer

devinestorm responded on 8 May 2013 8:20 AM

Hi,

Thanks for all your help with this.

We have bespoke elements and we dont actually use the product table.  Therefore we dont have any existing products.  Not sure what you mean by "write in" products.

You can add more than 50 lines to the opportunity and save it, but you cannot recalculate and every time you open you get the error message, until you delete a line

THANKS

devinestorm responded on 10 May 2013 8:57 AM

Hi again,

It seems to be the recalculate opportunity that is causing the issue.  It doesnt like doing this for more than 50 product lines.  Does your one with 74 lines recalculate?

THANKS

Verified Answer
Jason Lattimer responded on 10 May 2013 9:09 AM

I was able to recalculate that Opportunity. Do you have any custom plugins registered against the Opportunity entity that might be interfering?

Jason Lattimer

devinestorm responded on 10 May 2013 9:12 AM

I will check with the developers - THANKS :)

devinestorm responded on 13 May 2013 3:52 AM

Just  to update you - one of our developers has found an issue with the script.  The webservice by default only gets 50 records.  Thanks for your help with this :)

Jason Lattimer responded on 13 May 2013 4:31 AM

Glad you were able to get this sorted out.

Jason Lattimer