jquery incompatible with CRM2013

This question is answered

I have received an email from MSFT which implies I cannot upgrade to CRM2013 online due to web resource customisation issues.  The issues indicated are nearly all in jquery (v1.10.2) with the other being a single problem with CrmRESTKit.  Strikes me that jquery will be widely deployed (and CrmRESTKit for that matter). I can't see any reference to the CRM2013 upgrade on the jquery site.  Can anyone shed any light / point out a fix?

Thanks

Verified Answer
  • It isn't really that jQuery is the problem it is more a case of the scanner being used to look for potentially problems can't perform a 100% accurate match to any  unsupported code. Examples might be the line of code in question is commented out or an old CRM 4.0 method was .Clear and there is a method someplace called .ClearMyField. Obviously not the same thing but the scanner just flags an occurrence of .Clear as a potential issue. 

I'm fairly confident that issues flagged with JavaScript aren't going to prevent your organization from being upgraded. 

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

• As Jason says, the jQuery issues are all false positives and can be ignored.

That said, if you do use jQuery, you should only use the ajax functions and not to manipulate the DOM. If you register a jQuery library you need to make sure that it does not conflict with the version that is loaded by some aspects of the Dynamics CRM User interface. Having more than one version loaded can cause issues - so I've provided some guidance here - community.dynamics.com/.../jquery-and-jquery-ui-with-dynamics-crm-2011-amp-2013.aspx

Hope this helps,

Scott

Scott Durow

Read my Blog   |  Follow Me on Twitter  |  Rockstar365

All Replies
  • It isn't really that jQuery is the problem it is more a case of the scanner being used to look for potentially problems can't perform a 100% accurate match to any  unsupported code. Examples might be the line of code in question is commented out or an old CRM 4.0 method was .Clear and there is a method someplace called .ClearMyField. Obviously not the same thing but the scanner just flags an occurrence of .Clear as a potential issue. 

I'm fairly confident that issues flagged with JavaScript aren't going to prevent your organization from being upgraded. 

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

• As Jason says, the jQuery issues are all false positives and can be ignored.

That said, if you do use jQuery, you should only use the ajax functions and not to manipulate the DOM. If you register a jQuery library you need to make sure that it does not conflict with the version that is loaded by some aspects of the Dynamics CRM User interface. Having more than one version loaded can cause issues - so I've provided some guidance here - community.dynamics.com/.../jquery-and-jquery-ui-with-dynamics-crm-2011-amp-2013.aspx

Hope this helps,

Scott

Scott Durow

Read my Blog   |  Follow Me on Twitter  |  Rockstar365