Ribbon Workbench

This question is answered

Hi! I'm trying the CRM 2013 trial versión and I cannot find the button to attach a file to an account  Do you now how to attach a file to an Account or Customer? Does anybody know how can I open the Ribbon Workbench? I think the Ribbon Workbench form is the key to add buttons but I don't know how to open that form.

Thanks.

Verified Answer
  • Hi,

The article that Marco gives is the right technique. Specifically to bring the 'attach file' button back again you can:

1. Add the Account entity to a solution in Dynamics CRM

2. Open the Ribbon Workbench via Settings->Solutions and clicking on the Ribbon Workbench button

3. Select your solution with the Account entity

4. Click on the 'Ribbon' tab and then select the 'Form' ribbon via the drop down in the top right (important).

5. Right click on the 'Attach' button and click 'Customise Command' (NOT Customise Button)

6. In the solution elements panel, expand the 'Commands' and then right click on the 'Mscrm.AddFileToPrimaryRecord' command

7. Select 'Edit Display Rules'

8. Select the 'Mscrm.HideOnCommandBar' and select 'Remove'

9. Publish

Alternatively you can use the attach button on the notes tab or add the notes control in via the Form Customisations.

hth,

Scott

Scott Durow

Read my Blog   |  Follow Me on Twitter  |  Rockstar365

All Replies
  • Hi Private_Message,

try to follow this: www.develop1.net/.../How-to-restore-a-hidden-button-on-the-CRM-2013-Command-Bar.aspx

Let me know.

Bye

Thank you, let me know please.

Marco - LinkedIn

• Hi,

The article that Marco gives is the right technique. Specifically to bring the 'attach file' button back again you can:

1. Add the Account entity to a solution in Dynamics CRM

2. Open the Ribbon Workbench via Settings->Solutions and clicking on the Ribbon Workbench button

3. Select your solution with the Account entity

4. Click on the 'Ribbon' tab and then select the 'Form' ribbon via the drop down in the top right (important).

5. Right click on the 'Attach' button and click 'Customise Command' (NOT Customise Button)

6. In the solution elements panel, expand the 'Commands' and then right click on the 'Mscrm.AddFileToPrimaryRecord' command

7. Select 'Edit Display Rules'

8. Select the 'Mscrm.HideOnCommandBar' and select 'Remove'

9. Publish

Alternatively you can use the attach button on the notes tab or add the notes control in via the Form Customisations.

hth,

Scott

Scott Durow

Read my Blog   |  Follow Me on Twitter  |  Rockstar365

• It worked. Thank you all.