Question Status

Verified
Hussman asked a question on 15 Feb 2014 2:18 AM

Hi All, I'm looking for some feedback or suggestions to tackle a tricky situation in CRM 2013. A lot of our employees over the months have started complaining about the white screen in CRM 2013 stating that it's causing eyestrain and headaches. We had CRM 2013, since launch day and it wasn't a problem back then but seems to have accumulated over the months. At first the employees in Asia started complaining then now here in Europe. We have since then bought in new monitors lowered the contrast and brightness to an acceptable level but it doesn't seem to have helped much.

On the advice of the company legal team and health office, we've advised everyone at the moment to just take regular breaks off the screen until we come up with a suitable fix. I've talked to Microsoft support and after a month they've said there isn't much that can be done other than to use unsupported javascript to grey out the screen a little.

The problem is, we have over a hundred entities and for some entities the scripts do not work. We are also aware that during the new rollups we might lose the ability to grey out the screen, so we will be back to square one.

Our team needs to fix this ASAP, so looking for advice, suggestions, anything really to maybe help with the problem.

Thanks all.

Verified Answer
Jason Lattimer responded on 15 Feb 2014 3:41 PM

I'd suggest logging this on the Connect site as a suggestion for future enhancement as there currently isn't a support way to control CSS.

http://connect.microsoft.com/

Jason Lattimer
My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Mike Hammons responded on 17 Feb 2014 9:15 AM

A simple option is to adjust the brightness/contrast of their monitors. Most monitors out of the box have those settings cranked up to make them look good at retail/out of the box.

I had to tone mine down a bit because of so much whiteness. After adjusting, I don't notice it anymore.

Verified Answer
Jason Lattimer responded on 15 Feb 2014 3:41 PM

I'd suggest logging this on the Connect site as a suggestion for future enhancement as there currently isn't a support way to control CSS.

http://connect.microsoft.com/

Jason Lattimer
My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn