Question Status

Suggested Answer
Gauravji asked a question on 30 Mar 2015 1:20 AM

i created a business closure in crm 2015 online and associated with facilities/equipment successfully.

But it is not associating with user in  crm 2015.

So,how can be associate business closure with user in crm 2015??

Thanks in Advance

Suggested Answer
mscrmba responded on 30 Mar 2015 1:59 AM

'Unavailability' at an individual person level:

Set an individual person/user to not be available via their Outlook calendar.  You can schedule an appointment for the length of time that person is on leave.  (If this is likely to be a long time you may want to extend the maximum appointment time to avoid errors appearing for users.  Go to Settings> Service Management> Calendar> Set Scheduling Options.)

Closures for your overall business:

You can set when your overall business is closed via Settings>Service Management.  See the following link for details:  

www.microsoft.com/.../set-when-your-business-is-closed.aspx

Closures for each facility:

You can create a calendar for each facility (as you've already done).  However the same does not apply to Resource Groups in general.

Closures for a team of users:

I can't see how this is really supported OOTB.  But you could try the following 'workaround':

You could create a resource group for a group of users and an equivalent dummy 'Facility' record for each group.  You could make sure each resource allocation rule required that the 'Facility' be chosen as well as someone from the same resource group.  That would enforce a 'team-level business closure calendar' if that is what you are trying to achieve.

Note:

You can add holidays in for SLA calculations via Service Management Holiday Schedule, but I don't think that's what your question is on.

Gauravji responded on 30 Mar 2015 4:13 AM

hi,

thanks for replied.

but i couldn't see Calender option which navigation path you suggested like "Settings> Service Management> Calendar" and what i want to do  exactly like ,create a service activity and select the user as a resource but i want to restrict to create service activity when particular user is on leave .

And another thing is like ,we created a business closure for a specific date like 1st April that means the whole business will be closed on 1st April and when we try to create a service activity  it should be restrict for 1st April.So how can we achieve it??

i already created a business closure on a specific date and created the Service Activity ,schedule on same date which is existing in business closure but it's not restricting ,it's scheduling successfully so how could we restrict it??

Suggested Answer
mscrmba responded on 30 Mar 2015 1:59 AM

'Unavailability' at an individual person level:

Set an individual person/user to not be available via their Outlook calendar.  You can schedule an appointment for the length of time that person is on leave.  (If this is likely to be a long time you may want to extend the maximum appointment time to avoid errors appearing for users.  Go to Settings> Service Management> Calendar> Set Scheduling Options.)

Closures for your overall business:

You can set when your overall business is closed via Settings>Service Management.  See the following link for details:  

www.microsoft.com/.../set-when-your-business-is-closed.aspx

Closures for each facility:

You can create a calendar for each facility (as you've already done).  However the same does not apply to Resource Groups in general.

Closures for a team of users:

I can't see how this is really supported OOTB.  But you could try the following 'workaround':

You could create a resource group for a group of users and an equivalent dummy 'Facility' record for each group.  You could make sure each resource allocation rule required that the 'Facility' be chosen as well as someone from the same resource group.  That would enforce a 'team-level business closure calendar' if that is what you are trying to achieve.

Note:

You can add holidays in for SLA calculations via Service Management Holiday Schedule, but I don't think that's what your question is on.