Question Status

Verified
Eugene Tham asked a question on 7 Nov 2011 10:21 PM

Hi,

I would like to know how does the Multi Tenancy works in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Online Edition?

As far as I know, the feature Multi Tenancy is supported in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 On-Premise and I wonder if it is available in the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Online edition as well?

If it is available in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Online edition, may I know how can I get another organization if I already own a organization and wishes to extend another organization for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Online?

Warmest Regards,
Eugene Tham 

Verified Answer
Jerry Weinstock responded on 8 Nov 2011 5:41 AM

Eugene

There is no notion of Multi-Tenancy in CRM Online. All organizations are separate purchases and have their user license counts.

Jerry, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP
CRM Innovation
Need a solution for CRM to help you manage Events or Email Marketing?
Follow me on Twitter

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

CRM Innovation - Consulting and Solutions
Need a solution for CRM to help you manage your Internet Lead Capture or Events ?
Follow me on Twitter

Mohammad Atif responded on 8 Feb 2012 2:07 PM

Hi Eugene,

Hope you are doing well.

No as the databases are hosted on cloud and the Organization URL is the Unique identity, it is not possible to create multiple organizations like we do in CRM On Premise, however if I am understanding your requirement correctly you can always rise a Service request to request for a friend URL that you want your users to use when they want to access the CRM online application or you can use simply suggest the favorite options in IE settings that won't ask your users to type the URL or it will be easy to just do a single click and open your CRM application.

And please let me know if you have nay other questions i will be happy to help:-)

Thanks,

Mohammad

Suggested Answer
Rob Boyers responded on 3 May 2013 2:35 AM

Multi-tenancy is now available in CRMOnline. See here for further details: blogs.technet.com/.../multiple-instances-in-crm-online-whats-the-use-case.aspx

Rob Boyers | CRM Consultant | MCC | www.gapconsulting.co.uk

Verified Answer
Jerry Weinstock responded on 8 Nov 2011 5:41 AM

Eugene

There is no notion of Multi-Tenancy in CRM Online. All organizations are separate purchases and have their user license counts.

CRM Innovation
Need a solution for CRM to help you manage Events or Email Marketing?
Follow me on Twitter

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

CRM Innovation - Consulting and Solutions
Need a solution for CRM to help you manage your Internet Lead Capture or Events ?
Follow me on Twitter

Suggested Answer
Rob Boyers responded on 3 May 2013 2:35 AM

Multi-tenancy is now available in CRMOnline. See here for further details: blogs.technet.com/.../multiple-instances-in-crm-online-whats-the-use-case.aspx

Rob Boyers | CRM Consultant | MCC | www.gapconsulting.co.uk