Question Status

Verified
Sandeep Nair asked a question on 5 Oct 2011 1:17 PM

Hi,

Is it possible to assign more than one segment to a user within Forecaster security? We have 3 segments setup - Department, Account and Region. I would like to restrict a user to a specific Department and Region, so that they can only budget for that combination.

Thanks,

Sandeep.

Verified Answer
Ryan Sandness responded on 13 Oct 2011 2:58 PM

Hi Sandeep,

There is only one assignable segment in Forecaster 7. If you want to base security on two values  you would need to concatenate segments in the initial setup so you have something like

Account Department/Region

1100 - 100200

rather than 1100 - 100 - 200.

Depending on their reporting needs you can also associate the revenue tab with specific departments. It would really depend on their reporting needs, but this is possible as well to budget revenue/expenses for a specific department here.

Thanks

Ryan

Sandeep Nair responded on 2 Nov 2011 5:44 AM

Thanks Ryan. Your solution to concatenate is what i had in mind as well, but we are already live with a 2 segment implementation. I'll try and see if i can redesign.

Sandeep.

Verified Answer
Ryan Sandness responded on 13 Oct 2011 2:58 PM

Hi Sandeep,

There is only one assignable segment in Forecaster 7. If you want to base security on two values  you would need to concatenate segments in the initial setup so you have something like

Account Department/Region

1100 - 100200

rather than 1100 - 100 - 200.

Depending on their reporting needs you can also associate the revenue tab with specific departments. It would really depend on their reporting needs, but this is possible as well to budget revenue/expenses for a specific department here.

Thanks

Ryan