Skip to main content
Business Central forum
Suggested answer

Estimation

editSubscribe (1) ShareShare
ReportReport
Posted on by 56
What is the best practice for estimating any inquiry from customers that need a project that covers material, resources, and equipment?
any standard feature can be used.
Attachments
  • Suggested answer
    Ben Baxter Profile Picture
    Ben Baxter 3,973 Super User on at
    Estimation
    Within Business Central, the best functionality for estimating and tracking a project is the Jobs module, which may be renamed Projects in the future.  It allows you to define the Tasks required and then you associate the labor, materials, subs, expenses, etc. per Task.  You can use that Estimate to create a Job Quote to the customer.  Once accepted you can track your actual costs against the same project to see how you compare to your Estimate.  This gives you a tool to analyze and improve on your estimating going forward.

There are a lot of moving pieces within Jobs, so I would strongly encourage you to reach out to your Partner for more information on how to apply the capability to your business.

P.S. If this was helpful, please mark it as a Verified Answer to help other Users on the forum.

Best Regards,
    Ben Baxter
    Accent Software Inc
  • Suggested answer
    gdrenteria Profile Picture
    gdrenteria 2,812 Super User on at
    Estimation
    Hi
    If the question is directed at how to estimate the implementation of a project with a certain scope, I will give you a couple of links that I hope will help you or give you some ideas.
    Here is a methodology for Dynamics implementations. Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step Methodology: A Complete Guide
    Additionally, I found this page that can surely help you get some idea of the scope. Price Calculator: D365 Business Central Implementation - Encore Business Solutions
    BR
    GR
  • Suggested answer
    Judy Profile Picture
    Judy Microsoft Employee on at
    Estimation
    Hi, the planning system in business central can calculate either Master Production Schedule (MPS) or Material Requirements Planning (MRP) on request, or both at the same time.
    The reference MS document:
    Hope it helps.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

New Blog Features Released!

Check out the new community blog features for viewers and authors…

Setting Up Knowledge Sources for Copilot…

Look at how configuring a comprehensive knowledge base is crucial…

Demystifying Copilot with Georg Glantschnig…

Industry experts answer burning questions directly from our amazing Community…

Leaderboard

Andre Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

Andre Arnaud de Cal... 283,176 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 222,727 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,138

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans